Approvals App - "Browse Teams and Channels" option is missing

Copper Contributor

Does anyone know how to control the "Browse Teams and Channels" option inside the "Approvals" Teams App? It shows for myself and does not show up for some of my colleagues. They are now asking how to make sure this option available to them. And I have no idea why I can see this option and they don't

Replication steps

Navigate to a Team > a channel.

- Start a new conversation.

- Click "Approvals" app icon (see the screenshot)

- Click "Add attachment"

- Try to locate the "Browse Teams and Channels" option:

Teams.png

Any help will be appreciated!

3 Replies

Hello @Denis_Molodtsov_-_TD 

Can you confirm if they have the same access and the same Teams version than you?

Regards,

JM

Hi @jaymaradiaga, how can I tell the version of my teams? It does not looks like it is easy or even possible. Have you seen this discussion? https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/how-do-you-know-you-have-the-latest-teams-des...
Hi Denis. I know this is an old thread, but I wondered if you fathomed this out.

For the Teams version you can click the 3 dots toward the right of the purple-bar across the top of Teams and then select About > Version.

With regards seeing the "Browse Teams and Channels" option, if you do this from within a conversation in a Teams channel you should see the option, but if you do it from the Approvals app directly or a conversation in Chat, you won't see it (which makes sense). Was the other user definitely in a channel?

Hope this helps.