Android not shown files and other tabs

Copper Contributor

Android phones having MS Teams installed do not show some tabs like 'files' or 'sharepoint'. Please check the attachment. MS Teams Android issue.JPG@Pernille-Eskebo please investigate and fix

25 Replies
Have you tried this with a new MS Team? Is this with all your Teams? I had a similar issue and it was because the Microsoft Team had not created correctly. Ordinarily the Android app works.

@Andrew HodgesI tried but unfortunately with the same issue as I had before. I created a private team and without even add other users to the new team I don't see the default tab 'files' within the Android app. Kind of strange isn't it?

And why IOS users do see the 'files' content and Android users do not within the same team?

@Jurgen_de_ValkIs this with all users in your organisation? 

Do you have any sort of conditional access policies setup? 

I would say get it raised as a ticket in your Office 365 Admin portal(if you haven't already) as they will have to go through a lot of troubleshooting to get to the bottom of it.

@Jurgen_de_Valk, just out of curiosity, if you post a file in the conversation, does that file show up on the Android device?

@christophercullumyes, files exchange via chat is not an issue and can be seen via my Android app. It seems also related to certain Android versions or hardware phone models but not yet confirmed by Microsoft. To be continued...

OK, so the issue is not ALL Android versions, just a sub set. What version of Teams is installed on the phones that do show Files and the ones that don't?
I have the same issue. I (teacher and creator of team for my class) and student (I invited them to team) can see files in web and desktop versions of teams (chrome and windows 10). BUT on android cell phone (OnePlus 6t, android 10, and Huawei media tab 10 with Android 8) I (teacher) can see files tab but none of the files, while the student on same devices can't even see a files tab.

Hi@Lucien2495 , starting on March 23rd, Microsoft was reporting that there was a service degradation for the deployment of new SharePoint sites, permissions, and Teams.  It was finally resolved on April 6th.  Perhaps that was causing the issue for you and your students.  Are you still having this issue?

@christophercullum I am still having this problem. Some people have suggested I download teams, but Ive already done that, and my class files arent showing up. Could a chromebook be the cause for not being able to see these?

@christophercullum 

..... It was finally resolved on April 6th.

Yes indeed, it seems to be solved in Android app, I can see files folder now.

Thanks for notification.

Hi@Marie2020 , There is a Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android version. I don't believe there is a native Chrome app for Teams (ignoring the fact that some Chrome Books can use Android apps).

Feature capability between the client application and the browser based interface are very close.  The browser does need to be the latest version of Chrome or Edge (Chromium engine).  The browser interface to Teams should be adequate to see the files.    

I believe the best solution in your case would be to make sure your version of ChromeOS is up to date.  

Although the issue may also be timing.  How long since you created the Team and added your students?  Microsoft only guarantees 24 hours turn around for creation and application of security profiles. 

@JurgendeValk this is still an issue, even after 6th april update. Files are showing in PC, but not showing in Android. Some parents tries in IOS and also showing. Mobiles and Tablets with Android are unable to see. Can this be sorted a.s.a.p.? This is now being used in schools and classes. Thanks

@RicardoNunes I raised this topic and for me as an Android user I could never see the files tab for the Team I created almost a year ago. And now suddenly I do see the files tab (Bestanden in Dutch) as shown:

Screenshot_20200415-131121.jpg

Hi @Lucien2495 , do you still have this issue?

@RicardoNunes I am still having this issue, Cannot see any folders on android app, even though I can see them on desktop app on two different accounts. I can't even see folders I create on the android app, they appear briefly, then disappear and cannot be accessed on the android phone, but are visible on the desktop.

Yes. And at times even some of my teams are not showing. Shocking android app. So poor I wouldn't recommend to anyone. I certainly don't recommend to students.
Nope. Still does t work.
Yes. Appalling android softway