SOLVED

Android App - incoming calls ring on handset but no option to answer the call?

Copper Contributor

When the phone is locked or the screen is off, incoming calls will ring / vibrate but there is no way to answer the call.  Even unlocking the phone and going into the Team app doesn't activate the dialpad.  Eventually the call goes to voicemail and a missed call notification comes up.  Have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but no success.  This seems to have been an issue for some users last year looking at earlier posts.

Teams app version 1416/1.0.0.2019090401 on Android 9 Pie.  

48 Replies
@bluelights you might find that your right and that intune/work profiles is not allowing the update
FINALLY! solved this on my PIXEL 3

Thanks so much @Bryan

@Bryan Lue 

>> "Go into Settings/Notifications/Teams/Incoming Calls"

As of August 11, 2020, when I go into Android -> MS Teams -> Settings -> Notifications...there is no "Teams" nor anything about incoming calls.

MS really needs to fix this. Literally no way to answer an incoming Teams call. Terrible.

This seems to do the trick. I would note that on Android 11 with Teams build "Version 1416/1.0.0.2021143402" there is no "Incoming Calls" option but now it seems to be Calls and Ongoing Calls to get to the same selections. It appears you need to select Default rather than Silent. Presumably silent ovverides whatever the phone is otherwise set to, and allows you to see the answer option.

Finally figured this out after more than a year. Slight modification to @Bryan Lue 's steps, I had to

On your Android phone, 
Settings -> Notifications -> App notifications -> Teams -> Notification categories -> Allow notifications

Above was defaulted to turned off, no matter what other settings I had earlier. Turn that on, and voila!

This is on my Flip4

@Bryan Lue 

When I try to reach these setting I get: The app wasn't found in the list of installed apps.  

Teams is installed through the company portal option. I could not find any way to give more access to Teams. 

@ccneu i didn't work for me. The option incoming calls is not available under notifications.

I have Android 13 and I have the same issue
We have almost identical issue. Incoming call does not produce the notification, the call either goes to voicemail or the caller hangs up. The Teams App then pops up a Missed Call Notification.
This is random on Android and iOS. We opened a case with Microsoft and they have said it is a global issue and a potential fix is coming to Android at the end of September! Holding my breath!