SOLVED

Android App - incoming calls ring on handset but no option to answer the call?

Copper Contributor

When the phone is locked or the screen is off, incoming calls will ring / vibrate but there is no way to answer the call.  Even unlocking the phone and going into the Team app doesn't activate the dialpad.  Eventually the call goes to voicemail and a missed call notification comes up.  Have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but no success.  This seems to have been an issue for some users last year looking at earlier posts.

Teams app version 1416/1.0.0.2019090401 on Android 9 Pie.  

48 Replies
Couple new pieces of information:
A member of our Team tested Teams on an older Galaxy S5 with Android 6 installed and was able to receive and answer inbound calls from Call Queues successfully.

Got word back from Microsoft that they were able to re-produce the issue with Android 10 and they will get back to me with a work-around and/or timeline on this issue being resolved.

Looks like it's a waiting game now...
That's interesting, was the version of Teams the latest one?

Very good news that Microsoft have finally managed to do some testing and replicate it. I am going to chase them tomorrow and see what they say because not heard anything since the weekend.
Yes, running the latest version of Teams.

This re-enforces other info that I've found that there's a bug in Google's API for Android 10 and the hook(s) that MS is using for Call Queues in Teams is impacted by it.

Just came accross this thread!

We have exactly the same issue, we have the following setup:

Intune enrolled Samsung S20 devices, Work profile configured and teams app deployed in the work profile, incoming calls on teams rings on the handset but there is no option at all to answer, even with the teams app open, the handsets just ring and no option to answer, swipe down and no option to answer either, we have turned off battery optimisation for teams under the android settings and checked the notification settings, but still no way at all to answer the calls, have also gone into teams settings and ensured the desktop and mobile ring at the same time (which they do) just no way at all of answering the calls on the Samsung S20!

Sounds like it is a Microsoft/Android/Samsung issue but we urgently need a solution to this.

If anyone finds one please do share it!

@bluelights I have had a chat session with Google today out of change that they might know something but although they got the issues said I needed to raise it with Microsoft via an email that Google provided. I did this and was informed that I should get a reply within 3 days. Will find out. It is painfully annoying!

@mikekeats Small update, i opened a case with Microsoft today, they checked with the devs and they are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution, one thing they did ask me to do, is:

- Go into the admin portal

- Settings, org wide settings

- Organisation profile

- Release preferences

- Select "Targeted release for everyone"

Im sure you could just choose the "Targeted release for selected users" if you didnt want new releases to roll out right away to all users in case of bugs.

Anyway for us i changed it to everyone, MS said this will push out the teams update right away as soon as it is ready, the big question of ETA ofcourse could not be given, so could be a while if they need to include Google devs also.

Anyway now back to explaining to staff why Microsoft would release with a crazy bug like this....

Will report back

@mikekeats small idea, (not tried it yet) if you go into the teams app on the phone, goto settings and then about, there is a tab to enable "Developer Preview" 

I will give that a go maybe over the bank holiday to see if it installs a "newer" preview version of the teams app, maybe it might contain the illusive fix sooner.

@bluelights I already have the selected and not noticed anything different over the last few days.

Folks,

Here's the latest from Microsoft on this issue:

"I would like to inform you that, as it is a global issue, the engineering team is actively working on this issue and it should be resolved within this year as all the android 10 users are facing the issue"

Not great, but at least some sort of commitment on a fix, better than the AIP email encryption issue that we've seen on Outlook fo Mac, took MS 18 months to fix that one...

Thanks for the update. I really hope they fix this bug soon. It's majorly affecting our work for out of hours support because we can't answer the phones when the PC isn't on nor can we check the caller ID to call them back!
So then, my version of Team client was updated to version 1416/2020052702 during the night and a call to a Call Queue has worked? Has anyone else had this work?

That's great to hear, I'll definitely test this with our Android users tomorrow AM. *fingers crossed @mikekeats 

So more testing this morning. It still works!
Did you tick the developer preview setting and it auto update itself or did you do it through the APK route?
Just double checked. It was an auto update. However I do have the Developer Preview turned on. So that might make a difference.
I've turned the developer preview on following your success this morning but still not updated yet :( I'll keep waiting for it to filter through and update when I get it
Looks like we're good to go with the dev preview version, both Android 10 users can now answer the incoming Call Queue calls from their phones.

Thanks everyone for your input and updates!
Thanks for that! I forced another install using the link above and got onto version 1416/1.0.02020053101 and can confirm it works as well.

I can receive calls on the app while being online and offline on the desktop version.

@mikekeats Mine not updated yet, not sure if it has something to do with intune and work profiles, developer preview has been on in the teams app but nothing yet.