SOLVED

Allowing Team members to Reschedule Channel Meetings

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I am the organizer for several channel meetings, and I sometimes go on vacation when these are scheduled. How do I allow other members to reschedule these when I'm out? 

The meetings go on as usual without me, meaning I can't reschedule before I leave. But sometimes the backup organizer wants to change the time etc to suit their schedule that day.

I have all participants set as owners in the channel. However nobody but me can reschedule. 

The admin policy is set by our organization so I would assume this is some admin level setting, but just thought I'd ask if anyone knows of a way outside the admin level.

Thanks for the help.

7 Replies
best response confirmed by pogo123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello, I'm afraid it's still not possible to change/transfer the organizer role to anyone. The co-organizer role will soon roll out though, but still not possible to change the organizer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=81391

Co-organizers can do the following:

-Access and change meeting options
-Bypass the lobby
-Admit people from the lobby during a meeting
-Lock the meeting
-Present content
-Change another participant’s meeting role
-End the meeting for all

Co-organizers cannot do the following:

-Create & manage breakout rooms
-View & download attendance reports
-Manage the meeting recording
-Edit the meeting invitation
-Remove or change the Organizer role

@ChristianJBergstrom Thank you for the response.

So it sounds like a co-organizer won't be able to reschedule a meeting? 

"Co-organizers cannot do the following:

-Edit the meeting invitation"

That stinks. It seems like that would be a much requested function for large organizations. 

I don't agree with your wording, but I agree as it's a requested feature and something I was hoping being released together with the co-org role.
Please prioritise this feature - that is the whole point of working through Teams - and not Outlook when scheduling meetings for channel members
+1 to this thread. I work at a 5000+ person company and in a group of 20+ people where the lack of this functionality creates single points of failure when it comes to rescheduling or changing meeting invites (typically managers who are out on PTO for example). This should be a prioritized feature, IMO.
This thread is marked as solved. If you want to vote for such a feature, there's a feature request at - https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/c4e0d2a0-3266-ed11-a81b-000d3a7dd78c
I don't think it stinks. I think it sucks. Microsoft created a half-baked 'built into Teams' meeting scheduling functionality which has limited features and utility and how you use it arbitrary and unclear and unfinished.

I'm here because I'm looking for a solution to the same problem: How can Team members edit and manage the meetings created in a Team's channel? The answer is 'you can't really' which is pretty lame. 

And of course, all together now, this thread ends with "But you can suggest feature requests and functionality you want!" Right. Of course. :(
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by pogo123 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello, I'm afraid it's still not possible to change/transfer the organizer role to anyone. The co-organizer role will soon roll out though, but still not possible to change the organizer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=81391

Co-organizers can do the following:

-Access and change meeting options
-Bypass the lobby
-Admit people from the lobby during a meeting
-Lock the meeting
-Present content
-Change another participant’s meeting role
-End the meeting for all

Co-organizers cannot do the following:

-Create & manage breakout rooms
-View & download attendance reports
-Manage the meeting recording