Allow people to join a meeting without scheduling one

Copper Contributor

Sorry if title was phrased poorly, but I'm new to teams and coming over from Zoom because of the current security issues. Here's what I'd like to do (that I had been doing with Zoom).

1) Have a static meeting ID that always starts a meeting with me

2) Have a link people can simply click on that starts that meeting in their web browser with no download

3) The system will send me an email or alert that someone is waiting for a meeting

4) I have to manually allow that person into the meeting (this keeps random people who may have figured out my meeting ID from joining)

When I join we can to video chat, screen share, etc.

We are a small business and really don't need teams to work and communicate with each other, just with our customers. Can what I'm describing above be done with teams as we currently do with zoom?

1 Reply
My two cents here:
(1) You can start a meeting in a Teams channel using the "Meet now" feature, grab the link and simply share with your customers
(2) People will be able to use that link and connect to Teams through the Browser, so no download is required
(3) When somebody joins a meeting, you get a message in the meeting to admit him / her
(4) See my previous point
Bonus:
-In teams meetings you have chat, screen sharing and usual features you could expect in the tool