Allow guest access in MS teams for particular domain

Copper Contributor

I wanted to achieve allow guest access in MS teams for particular domain rather then to allow for all external domains. Ms teams givens option to enable guest access only not any option to add domain . external access is federation option that will not achieve guest access to access MS teams Channel.   

5 Replies

@adam deltinger 

Thanks for sharing the TechNet URL but it is allow through Azure AD, if we allow through AD AD then it would required to enable Guest access in teams if yes then it would be allow for all external domains, if not then what is the meaning of guest access option in teams if we can achieve through Azure AD. 

Guest access allow for specific domain should be in teams GUI  or Teams Powershell. If Microsoft doesn't have option then Ms should look this requirement. Azure AD    

Allow or block guest users who are using a specific domain will help for entire Office 365 suite.

The guest actually live in AAD and Teams honor this setting!
i agree but still concern is same, if We allowed guest access for two domain from azure then MS teams is needs to enable the guest access, if yes then it would allow for two domain or all domains. if it would allowed guest access for all domains then how AAD would restrict for teams guest access?

Hi @Rakesh_Chaturvedi,

Me and my organization is trying to achieve the same thing that you posted here, to allow guest access in MS teams for certain domains. You are also correct that External access is for federation and only applies 1:1 chat or 1:n chat. 

But have you tried following @adam deltinger response? I did that It worked. Yes, enabling MS teams guest access will allow all domains outside the organisation to be invited as guest in MS teams. But MS teams relies in AAD policy to be specific in O365 groups, by tweaking the allow/block policy in AAD this will override the "Allow all domains" when enabling guest access. 

In short enabling guest access in ms teams will allow all domains, but if you manage the guest access to Office 365, you will be able to achieve your goal.

PS. sorry for my bad english.