SOLVED

All disabled in policy for meeting and calls but still can organise a meeting

Bronze Contributor

Hi all, 

I have had a few users who I have in the policy to deny all calls / meetings but some how according to the reports they have organised a meeting? how is this possible. 

Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 8.49.05 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-06-24 at 8.48.44 PM.png

Please help!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@AB21805 Hello, it sounds as if your users doesn't have the same meeting policy. In the navigation pane in Teams admin portal select "Users", search for one of these users and click the link "view policies" to see the policies assigned to the user.

Hi @ChristianBergstrom 

They are assigned the correct policy but still got through, how is this even possible. 

@AB21805 How long since you changed the policy? It could take up to 24-48 hours from my experience lately.

oh no like 6 months @ChristianBergstrom 

The way I have done it is as follows. 

Global policy I have disabled the following settings in the screenshots in previous comment. 

I have created a separate policy for users to be allowed to call/organise meetings. only reason I did this, was all were in global but only a select few need to make calls so it was just easier this way as my technical knowledge to use scripts/powershell with teams was minimal. 

@AB21805 Are you using Audio Conferencing licenses as well? I'm finding it a bit difficult trying to understand what you want to achieve. My best suggestion is to thoroughly go through all the meeting policy settings in the admin portal and perhaps using PowerShell as well. Attaching the link for reference, but suppose you've already been there. Good luck!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-in-teams

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@AB21805 Hello, it sounds as if your users doesn't have the same meeting policy. In the navigation pane in Teams admin portal select "Users", search for one of these users and click the link "view policies" to see the policies assigned to the user.

View solution in original post