SOLVED

After Windows 11 upgrade Bluetooth audio not working only with teams

Occasional Visitor

After upgrading to Windows 11, My Bluetooth headphones work great. However, when I open or go to a Teams meeting the headphones drop out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Teams, same issue. I have tried troubleshooting sound, same issue. Everything worked perfect in Windows10. 

11 Replies

@Ray_Wilkinsonrawilkin 

Same situation.  Any bluetooth audio device will drop out upon making a teams call or joining a teams meeting.  Fun times!  I've spent probably 8 hours of reading/troubleshooting with no results.

Same issue, only way to get it to work over bluetooth is to use the mic and speakers on my bluetooth headphones, which reduces quality. What I want to do is use a different microphone with the bluetooth headphones as the speaker, but that does not work.
Hello, I got this message, the Open Form action was cancelled, somebody can help me with this??
Same here, been struggling with this on and off since November.
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)

@nathanjfield This did not work for me with my JBL bluetooth speaker, but thanks for the suggestion. 

Thank you for this! This totally resolved my issue!

@Ray_Wilkinsonrawilkin 

After doing a little testing, I found that the bluetooth speaker problem is related to the desktop version of Teams.  When I logged on to Teams through the web at office.com. There was no problem with the speaker.  I suspect that the desktop app problem will resolve with the next Teams update. (fingers crossed). 

@nathanjfieldyour post gave me some hope, since I already returned my headset to service and got a replacement. But when I tried this fix, I lost the possibility of selecting and using my headset in web Teams. I hope there will be some other solution soon.

Actually, on my side so far, I faced this issue of dropping headset during the Teams call only in web/Chrome Teams.
The issue is with the desktop version. The web version is fine. I am hoping they’ll put out a patch in the next update.