Advice setting up a MS Live Event (how best to do this with many speakers and breakouts)

Copper Contributor

I am organising a UK national event 2nd October and am trying to find the best way to set up the agenda - we have 6 keynote speakers throughout the day (running 09:30 am-15:45 pm) interspersed with four separate breakout slots (half hour each), each having at least four workshops to choose from in each slot.

I need to know whether it is best to set up as follows:

0930 Live event with link for ALL attendees to join in one place to see keynote speakers

11:30 Breakout 1 - insert individual links to "normal" meetings for a choice of four links/subjects

12:00 Breakout 2 - insert individual links to "normal" meetings for a choice of four links/subjects

after lunch

1315 Live event for another two keynote speakers - insert one link for ALL attendees to join live event

1430 Breakout 3 - insert individual links to "normal" meetings for a choice of four links/subjects

1500 Breakout 4 - insert individual links to "normal" meetings for a choice of four links/subjects

1530 Live event for summary and close - insert one link for ALL attendees to join the last "live" event

so ….. anyone with experience of this size of event your advice would be appreciated please!

We are additionally limited in setting up just one live event to last the whole day as MS are reverting back to their maximum 4 hour Live Event duration the day before our event is due to take place (currently 16h during Covid).

THANK YOU :)

2 Replies

Hi @DPerry1210  Sounds like a pretty good format to me.  Will you be recording the sessions to post after the event is over?

yes, it's a very ambitious event with 10 keynote speakers all Live and 20 individual breakouts using "usual" Teams