Advice on Best Practices presenting to groups

Copper Contributor

I often use Teams for meetings with many participants, and need to present. I notice that standard practice is for everyone to mute. This has two problems - it gives me no rapport with the audience (I hear no laughter, comment, agreement) and when questions are asked there is a very stilted cadence to conversation. 

Are there any tools or ideas to build features where people do not mute, but we have intelligent, automatic modulation of the level of feedback from listeners.  I imagine this much like a selfie-cam that has face smoothing on Samsung - the audio eliminations random percussive noise from listeners, but allows you to hear a degree of listener feedback, and questions without the need to mute. 

A second problem is people talking and thinking they are heard, but still being on mute.

The standard practice of mute-unmute-speak-mute-unmute is not working well for me in groups, and I'd welcome advice on how others figure this out, or whether it is a frustration for you too.

1 Reply
Sort of agree with the feedback but that’s something that’s going to be impossible to hit. That why you see those live reaction emoji on things to get sentiment while presenting which I think would be cool.

Then for the mute issue they should totally add a animated gain bar under or near the mic / mute button so you can. Tell and visually see that you are passing audio.