Advice Needed: Teams User Activity Reports in MS Team

Copper Contributor

I have recently started to use teams and I am trying to review the level activity it has been used for the past 7 days or even the past 28 days. When I run the report the results I get are not for the last 7 days. Although they are for a 7 day period. Today is Feb 19th and the results I get are from Feb 6th to Feb 13th. 

I understand it says there may be a latency of between 24 and 48 hours but 6 days seems a bit much and is proving very ineffective to monitor. 

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is it an internal setting I need to update or is this just a limitation of the usage reports in Teams?

Much thanks!

2 Replies
Mine displays the same. We are rather new to Teams as well, but you can try this.

In the Microsoft 365 admin center, select Reports > Usage.

On the Usage page, choose Select a report, and then under Microsoft Teams in the list of reports, choose the report you want to view.

Hope it helps.

That's normal, and also sadly it's not that uncommon for the reports to lack data altogether. But since Microsoft is yet to provide proper APIs for us to fetch that data directly, you're stuck to what the client/portal is showing.