Adding personal account is not allowed

Brass Contributor

Hello everyone

Since MS is rolling out its new Teams UI and features like adding a personal account next to your business account, I would like to give it a try but sadly failed with following error message. The message is in german but it says something like: "Due to an organization policy, you cannot use 'xy@hotmail.com' with teams on this device."

teams_personal_error.jpg

So yeah, which policy is here meant? I'm a Global Administrator in our M365 environment and it drives me crazy that I can't find this policy. Also, I can't find any similar problems or documentations about this.

Can anyone help? Thanks very much.

5 Replies

@ChristianBergstrom 

Thanks for your reply. So just to confirm, I found a documentation about this "tenant allow/block list" but there is a note that this setting is in preview and cannot be accessed at this time. Also, I can't find this setting in the compliance center.

Maybe this feature is too new?

Hi, not the same thing as your link applies to Exchange Online Protection, Microsoft Defender for Office 365 plan 1 and plan 2 and Microsoft 365 Defender. Just check the registry location in my link above, you probably have an entry there as you get this prompt.

@ChristianBergstrom 

Hi, sry for my mistake. I've found the policy in the endpoint manager, but it isn't configured. Like in the picture below you can see that if the policy isn't configured, teams should allow sign in with a personal account.

teams_policy.png

And the registry location on your device, is it present? Same problem for others adding a personal account?