Adding optional biometric or PIN login for Teams app

Copper Contributor

My organization currently advocates for BYOD (bring your own device) and in turn, we have our work Teams app on our personal devices.

It would be great to add a layer of "security" to login to the app to prevent unwanted messages being shared or accidental replies going through. Of course this would be optional to turn on, but its a peace of mind especially for users that use personal devices for work.

There have been countless times I'll get a notification and accidentally almost hitting one of the auto-reply functions. It would be good to "lock" the replies until you've entered a pin or fingerprint to access Teams (just like we do for banking apps, and other apps with secured information).

3 Replies

@AyanT89 If I assume you are meaning on a personal mobile device (Android of iPhone) then this is possible through Intune App Protection Policies. Whenever I open Teams, Outlook or any other app with company data I need to scan my finger.

Thanks Steven thats correct, personal mobile devices. Does that have to be enabled by the organization or is there a way to setup up on one's existing device?

@AyanT89 It's an organisations policy to ensure the security of their data in Teams. Users don't get a choice other than between pin or biometrics.