SOLVED

Adding MS Forms to our MS TEAMS

Brass Contributor

So, I work for a local govt body - so we are "GCC" (government client).  We have enabled all MS APPs by default, but we have not enabled third-party apps, and we do not allow bots or connectors (at this time).  I have MS Forms in my office.com as standard stuff (I have a G5 license).  

But I do not have access to MS FORMS inside of TEAMS.

I know I can work around it by creating my form, and upload the spreadsheet results to monitor in TEAMS.  However, I don't want a work around.  My MS partner cannot figure out why we don't have it.

Are there a number of places where it could be accidentally turned off?  Is it technically a connector?  Maybe I'm just not accessing it properly???

18 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@jhubbard Hello! Not that familiar with GCC but I know Forms is enabled for GCC and GCC high. Let's try to figure it out! Are you referring to add as a tab? https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/work-with-colleagues-to-create-edit-and-review-forms-in-m... or can't you see Forms at all in Teams app store?

Can you confirm this is toggled on in Teams admin portal?

image.png

I have seen this behavior before when trying to add Forms as a tab. I had to click on the bottom right setting "Manage Apps" for it to populate.

Let me know how it goes!

1. First - thank you thank you thank you for being willing to explore this.
  2. Forms doesn't show up as an available app under TABS
  3. So, Forms doesn't even show up in the store at all -- (see images)
  4. I asked our admin to pull up the permissions screens again, and I've got two images here for your
    1. MS apps are allowed by default
    2. Forms does not show up in the search - I know it says 3rd party apps here, but SharePoint does show up (clearly, I am grasping at straws)

jhubbard_0-1591648716540.png

no forms.png

jhubbard_1-1591648876168.png

jhubbard_2-1591648927725.png

permission policies.png

@jhubbard Hey, no worries! But have to leave the computer soon I'm afraid..

This is making me confused, you don't have "Manage apps" in the portal as per the screenshot you sent me. Is that a GCC thing?

image.png

@ChristianBergstrom  -- I do not know!  That is interesting -- I was trying to figure out all places where this could be hiding - so is that where it would be?

Wondering if it shows up if we "allow 3rd party apps?"

@jhubbard Hello! Not sure you got my edited post so sending again.

Yes! The first picture I sent you. Forms is toggled on to "Allowed" from there.

And here's an explanation.

"In the left navigation of the Microsoft Teams admin center, go to Teams apps > Manage apps. 

You must be a global admin or Teams service admin to access the page."

From MS docs for reference https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-apps

So start by verifying Forms in there when you have permission (or let somebody check it for you).

So I need the sys admin to go in there- that’s what it is!
Let me know how it goes! Good night!

@ChristianBergstrom   Good morning -- so I checked with our GLOBAL Admin (sys admins) and they do not have "Manage apps" either:

jhubbard_0-1591713717835.jpeg

I wonder if it has to be a GCC thing -- this is just so weird.

@jhubbard Hello! Thanks for letting me know! Perhaps you need to open a "advisory ticket" with MS or ask your partner to do it. I'm very interested (as well) if this is related to your GCC tenant as I mentioned earlier.

@ChristianBergstrom   In the ongoing saga -- I have an over the shoulder with our MS partner Friday -- I'll report back.

@jhubbard Hey there! How did this end up?

@ChristianBergstrom  - Gosh - I thought I had replied up in the thread - I should have @mentioned you.  So, we had our MS partner do an over the shoulder of the TEAMS admin panel and he was flummoxed.  We have put in a ticket for MS Forms and Whiteboard, which we also don't have access to.

They think something quirky happened (why us?)

thanks for checking in -- when I get the final final -- I'll be sure to let you know

Jeanne

@jhubbard Howdy - we have the same issues, and am wondering the outcome of your case with MS support?

Thanks, Stephen

@Stephen Thompson -- soooo, here is your workaround.  Your FORM is really just a website (and https: at that) -- so you can add it as a TAB as a website.  And the functionality is all there -- so the problem goes away.

@jhubbard Hey! Must ask. How about the missing "Manage apps" in the navigation pane and why couldn't you add Forms?

@jhubbard  I replied via email, but my reply isn't showing up yet. Anyways, we must embed the Form into a page in SPO, then add a tab pointing to the SPO page. Not directly to the Forms page. Oh, and the Forms web part isn't available in the GCC either. So, not confusing. :xd:

@ChristianBergstrom Howdy - just received a response in a MS Premier Support case and was provided this as a reference. Goofy thing is that I had used this article in response to my own support requests (about the polling), but missed the part about the Office products integration. Teams is part of Office, duh. :xd:

@Stephen Thompson Well, not really. You can have Teams installed as part of the Office suite (such as when rolling out M365 Apps for enterprise) but it's not an Office app per say.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@jhubbard Hello! Not that familiar with GCC but I know Forms is enabled for GCC and GCC high. Let's try to figure it out! Are you referring to add as a tab? https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/work-with-colleagues-to-create-edit-and-review-forms-in-m... or can't you see Forms at all in Teams app store?

Can you confirm this is toggled on in Teams admin portal?

image.png

I have seen this behavior before when trying to add Forms as a tab. I had to click on the bottom right setting "Manage Apps" for it to populate.

Let me know how it goes!

View solution in original post