SOLVED

Adding MS Forms to a private channel

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to import a MS Forms quiz to a private channel? The Forms tab is not available in the ms teams private channel. I already have managed to import it in a "regular" channel.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
@ChristianJBergstrom thanks for the quick reply. It would be a great feature in general and for me a easy solution.

@Claire123 You might want to consider creating a post in the Teams feedback portal so others can upvote the idea as well.

@Claire123 I ran into the same issue the other day, a nice work around is to choose the "website" option when creating a new tab in a private channel. Enter the tab name and copy the hyperlink for the form.

It works as if you had the form populated directly through the forms app.

@Craig_Leece 

I do not think this is a viable option anymore. When I try to select the "Website" app it does not pop up as an option in my Private Channel Tab creation. Any idea if this is still working and I am just dumb?

@jquarry It still seems to work for me, I've just tried it on a different MS form.

I opened the form in edit mode, clicked the "collect responses" button and then selected "copy link".

Went into the private channel in teams, selected "add a tab", "website". I then pasted the link into the URL box and saved.

You'll then have to rename the tab to what you require. 

@Craig Leece

Hmm. Website app is not an option in my private channel > add a tab menu as an option. I can even search all available apps to add it and it doesn't appear. Weird.
@Craig
NM. It finally popped up. Thanks!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)