SOLVED

Adding image to bot one-to-one chat (Teams Android)

Copper Contributor

Hi,

How can I add an image to bot in Teams Android ? I remember it used to have send an image button in old version, but iOS version still have send an image button.

In desktop version we can copy/phase to inline or setting manifest to support sending file (but mobile version still not show sending file button after setting manifest)

<screenshot iOS version>

https://i.stack.imgur.com/ddvEm.png

<screenshot Android version>

https://i.stack.imgur.com/Z6kbw.png

Thanks

8 Replies

Help me please ~~~

@Jirasak_ka Any updates? I have the same problem and I cant't find more info anywhere.

Nothing update, my bot need to use image for our process and all of my user use Android
best response confirmed by Jirasak_ka (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jirasak_ka Hi, I've contacted Microsoft support and this is what they told me

"I'm sending this email to let you know that I've worked together with my subject matter expert regarding with this concern and it seems like this feature is a product limitation and is not available at this time. I totally understand the importance of this feature. Here's what we can do, we can create a User Voice request to let Microsoft Engineers know about it.

User Voice is a website where all the features that is not available as of the moment are being raised and voted. Microsoft will review it and whatever feature that has the highest number of votes will be on work. For us to make it possible, we need to let our colleagues know about it and cast their votes.

Looking forward for your response!

Thank you!"

All we can do it's to issue a UserVoice request and wait.

Thank you for telling me.
It's not make sense at all because iOS still can do but Android can not do.
Do you have plan to issue a UserVoice ? I want to vote.

@Jirasak_ka Yeah, it's strange. I haven't post any issue on UserVoice, yet.

I already post this issue on UserVoice, please come to vote, If you have additional idea please comment in my link.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38744239-add-send-an-image-but...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jirasak_ka (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Jirasak_ka Hi, I've contacted Microsoft support and this is what they told me

"I'm sending this email to let you know that I've worked together with my subject matter expert regarding with this concern and it seems like this feature is a product limitation and is not available at this time. I totally understand the importance of this feature. Here's what we can do, we can create a User Voice request to let Microsoft Engineers know about it.

User Voice is a website where all the features that is not available as of the moment are being raised and voted. Microsoft will review it and whatever feature that has the highest number of votes will be on work. For us to make it possible, we need to let our colleagues know about it and cast their votes.

Looking forward for your response!

Thank you!"

All we can do it's to issue a UserVoice request and wait.

View solution in original post