Adding a Onenote notebook as a app in TEAMS

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to add a Onenote notebook as a app in TEAMS. I've clicked the plus tab selected the Onenote notebook I have previously created and hit next. Then an error message comes up saying, "We don't support adding class or staff notebooks at the moment." What do I need to do to fix this issue?

4 Replies
Hi @megan565

Here is a walkthrough

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-a-class-notebook-in-teams-using-existing-content-0a8...

Select the Class Notebook tab instead of the OneNote and through the process select From Existing Notebook content

Hope that helps, let me know how you get on

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Thank you for your response! I am one of the IT Support Staff at the College assisting her with this issue. We look at the article, but I believe it might be outdated because the "Class Notebook" tab does not exist in General nor it cannot be found when attempting to add a new tab.

Thank you,

- Ryan

Hi @RRT001

Thanks - appreciated.

Can you outline exactly what is needed to be done here? I thought by the initial query that it is adding a Class notebook into a Team within a Teams for Education tenant. Is this simply a case of adding a OneNote Tab to the team? Or is attaching a notebook in a private tab in a chat? If you could let me know I can make some suggestions

Best, Chris

@megan565 

We are having the same issue when trying to add an existing OneNote notebook to a channel. We are an Educational tenant.

PollyFraser_0-1623093964353.png

Thanks 

Pauline