SOLVED

Add principles to a group: micro-manage users on group level?

Iron Contributor

I have a security group where i want to place users that should have specific customized Microsoft Teams principles. For exeamples not allowed to use the Microsoft Teams chat.

Is it possible to add principles to a group?

So when a user is placed in that group, the user-account gets that principles. If the user leaves a group, then the principle is set to the "default" principle?

Can this be solved somehow?

3 Replies
Must i run that command every time a new user is aded to the group?

Will users who leave the group be removed from the principle?

Will users who are aded to the group get the principle?

best response confirmed by Oskar Kuus (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi @Oskar Kaus,

I have heard about what you are asking for previously: it is the ability to set policies or policy packages against security groups as opposed to individual users: therefore, whoever is assigned to the security group grants the policies, and whoever is removed removes said policies.

There is a current uservoice open for this

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39090418-set-policies-by-secur...

So I would recommend voting for it to push it up the agenda. As the comments in the uservoice states there is a workaround to manually do it via powershell, however it does not keep up with manual changes to the security group so would not be recommended, and you would likely get issues with support. Bringing this natively into the Teams Admin Centre and having the option to set policies and packages against sec groups, with changes being automatically set, is the way forward.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Oskar Kuus (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi @Oskar Kaus,

I have heard about what you are asking for previously: it is the ability to set policies or policy packages against security groups as opposed to individual users: therefore, whoever is assigned to the security group grants the policies, and whoever is removed removes said policies.

There is a current uservoice open for this

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39090418-set-policies-by-secur...

So I would recommend voting for it to push it up the agenda. As the comments in the uservoice states there is a workaround to manually do it via powershell, however it does not keep up with manual changes to the security group so would not be recommended, and you would likely get issues with support. Bringing this natively into the Teams Admin Centre and having the option to set policies and packages against sec groups, with changes being automatically set, is the way forward.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post