Add an interactive contact list to a Teams tab

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create a support team which will have a number of staff dedicated to answering questions. I wanted to create a separate tab which lists the "support members" and allows users to click on their photo to bring up the contact panel and place a call/send a direct message, like they can from the Posts tab.

So far I've managed to achieve:

1. Making a contact list in SharePoint with the support members and adding this as a tab, but the user is unable to click on them to make a call - while good as a point of reference, ideally I want it to be as fast as possible for someone to call a support user inside Teams (not using their direct dial)

2. Adding tags to members to make them stand out when you view the members from "Manage team" - this is OK for smaller groups but if we start having hundreds of users in the team it will be difficult to see who is support tagged. Also, lots of users don't know that you can view the member list from Manage team.

Neither way is perfect so I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious to achieve this.

Thanks

1 Reply
Two ways that might work. Create a SharePoint page in underlying SharePoint site connected to the Team. Add people web part to it and add the support staff. You can add multiple parts for different groups etc. then users can hover over these and get info and use dial and chat links that work. Add the page as tab to teams.

Other more customizable but harder option is create a PowerApp for contacts and you can utilize the office365users connector and fairly easily customize a few galleries with custom callto and sip links to start calls and chats but I won’t get too much into that in detail but it’s an option. Hopefully first option will suffice ;).