SOLVED

Add a previously deleted user

Brass Contributor

We previously deleted a user and I checked and they are gone from AD. But the Add User dialog still has them cached as a suggestion but then cannot resolve - what else do we need to clear to get this to work. I have already run the client Teams and browser cache-clearing scripts from
https://commsverse.blog/2018/09/28/clear-the-microsoft-teams-client-cache/
Screenshot (339).pngScreenshot (340).png

8 Replies

@theDavidSlight 

I'd say, give it some more time

Adam

@adam deltinger  You can imagine the comments I am getting: can't wait, fix it now, need access, you support people are all the same ...  I have check AD and SharePoint user profiles - must be somewhere in Teams

Another day goes by and  nothing has changed ... 

Annotation 2020-07-25 140459.jpg

You’re sure the user isn’t in Deleted Users?

@Ryan Steele  nope - assuming portal.Azure and admin.office are looking at the same list but checked both ... no W****** in either list and still not working now more than two days!!

Annotation 2020-07-26 121058.pngAnnotation 2020-07-26 121059.png

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Looks to me like you may need to open a ticket with Microsoft 365 support, if you haven’t already.

Working with Paul, a Microsoft 365 Support Ambassador over the weekend fixed the issue - there is apparently a sync process between Teams and AAD that needs resetting - just saying as "waiting" would never have fixed it.

@theDavidSlight Thanks for the update. I'll have to keep this in mind in case this issue ever affects us!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Looks to me like you may need to open a ticket with Microsoft 365 support, if you haven’t already.

View solution in original post