Ability to take Personal Notes on Interactions in TEAMS

Copper Contributor

I have a lot of situations where I would like to take and keep personal notes associated to a specific TEAMS interactions. I don't want to have to keep my notes in a separate place like OneNote or Outlook.

Requests

• Don't make the notes public for all of the participants (possibility to add a private tab to the interaction window in TEAMS
  • Access the notes directly through the window in TEAMS for the Chat, phone call, or meeting
13 Replies

Thanks, @PeterRising. I found that article, too.
It is definitely helpful when I want to take notes for everyone to see.

I am looking for an option that will allow me to take notes that only I can see so it is easy to refer back to the notes when we chat/talk/meet again.

It doesn't look like that is currently available.

@katiepostrowley did you find any solution? I am also searching for the same.
I would like to have this option as well. Teams should add more private apps we can utitlize like Katie wrote, without leaving Teams.

@Miss_Lissa_In_AZ 

I would also like this feature.  Since TEAMS now has our own channel I would be happy to have the notes be saved there.  This would allow me to use my personal channel as my "homebase" for tracking and tracing my work.  

This would be a great productivity enhancement feature!

Looking for this feature as well.

My current workaround is:

- open calendar in OUTLOOK and right click on the meeting

- "send to Onenote" and it creates a note of the meeting

Unfortunately, it won't allow for a direct link between the meeting and the note in Onenote, but at least, the meeting name and description will be in Onenote and hence "searchable"... and private

Yet another vote for this feature. Looked for this before and had just figured it would be in "New Teams" so I didn't have to +1, but I appear to have presumed wrong, I need to explicitly add my voice

Count me in on wanting this feature as well. Teams meeting needs a private note option.

I want to add my vote for this feature as well! @katiepostrowley 

I want to add my vote for this feature as well! @katiepostrowley
That's a great one, Katie! :thumbs_up:
Same here - I'm still looking for such a solution!
I placed a feedback on Microsoft's Teams Feedback portal... not sure if anyone of these will be read or considered by Microsoft.
Anyway, maybe you want to support it?
https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/1184276f-b4d4-ee11-92bd-000d3a7a5824