100 Teams notification emails

Copper Contributor

Hi Teams and Happy Friday,

Today for some reason I started to receive over 100 teams email notifications on a 1 minute interval.

This was sent from my team email to another end user. Has anyone seen this?

That person got bombarded with 555 email teams notfications.

How do I start to troubleshoot this or

6 Replies
I’d create a ticket with Microsoft and find out what happened

Yes I should@adam deltinger  because when the user was added to the Teams Group, she was bombarded with 550 emails every one minute. The fix was to remove her from the Group.

Is it a ordinary office 365 group or a dynamic one?

Create a ticket and let us know what happens:ok_hand:

Its just a microsoft team@adam deltinger This email was sent to two people over 550 times a total of 1200 times from O365.

clipboard_image_0.png

I haven't gotten as many as 100, but I regularly get bombarded with 10+ notifications for the same message. I report all of these to the relevant folks at Microsoft, and been doing this for months no... zero effect. Do open a support case though, when they reach some critical mass of tickets on this they might actually do something about it.

Well, Teams is meant to replace email and let you be more productive and less distracted.. :D

On a serious note. I think they got rid of email notification from channel notifications settings (new one). Maybe it is not yet released wide or maybe you still get emails if your are not online in Teams?