SOLVED

Teams Public Preview update

Microsoft

Hello all,

Following up from our MC post announcement few weeks ago wanted to provide an update on release timelines.

Admin policy work - started releasing to production on 16th November 2020

Client side work to consume the policy - ETA is first week of December 2020. Dates subject to change. 

8th Dec 2020 UPDATE: Client side work is now 100% rolled out to consume the admin policy and display public preview. 

How to enable

Admin Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

End-user Get early access to new Teams features - Office Support (microsoft.com)

This is your space to ask us any questions on our upcoming Teams Public Preview program. Thank you!

Teams Preview team

30 Replies
MS and their weird updating system: 33674 was built on Dec 1.

Don't roll back, roll forward: see the link in the post before yours.

Thanks, that worked!.  @Brian . 

@mark3grahams 

Why didn´t my teams-client find new update from public preview? And where I get the input about newer versions of public preview teams-clients?

@Kaushal Mehta (LYNC)  May I ask when will the January 2021 public preview update released? Thx

The double checkmark problem was never fixed.

@Kaushal Mehta (LYNC) 

Will there be any reference/release note when the features in public preview become GA?? It has been more than a month since the December public preview features release, will really like to have some indication on when it start GA.

Look like https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/current-channel-preview still not updated with details of new public preview features flight in January 2021.

@Kaushal Mehta (LYNC) 

Sorry that I can't attend the meeting for the sync earlier today as it is for 4:30am my time in Australia.

So, Teams GA features will be added to M365Apps CC release notes, when will this start? ATM, the last details of Teams features are back in 27 Oct 2020.

Our users reported that when on "Public Preview" they don't see "Give feedback" option under "Help". I tried the same and can confirm that this is missing.

Do the users see P right next to their photo?
Hello i have the EA activated. i see some videos that after that and update Teams, we can have access to new teams with a switch on the top left corner

but i update all the time and dont see that swwitch, there is something that i miss?