Shared Channels

Brass Contributor

They said that Shared channels was turned on in public preview March 2nd but I do not see that option yet.

11 Replies
AFAIK it’s still in private preview! Where did they mention that?
Hi. The function is not yet available. It think tou are looking for the fucntion called "Teams connect" that wil lbe available later. On the roadmap, look for feature ID 70766
I've seen it a couple of places now, different blogs and websites. It was announced at Microsoft Ignite.
I am still waiting also. Haven't seen it yet in either our targeted release tenant or in any of my "dev tenants" :(
It's still in private preview and will be for a while probably

@Brian_H 

I see this is not supposed to go to public preview in early 2022.  Does anyone have a date for when this will make it yet?

Hi, here's the roadmap id you can follow. Scheduled for Preview in March https://www.microsoft.com/en-ww/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CPreview&searchterm...

@ChristianJBergstrom 
Any comments on shared channesl available also for EDU Tenants?
Would be a a very welcomed feature for collaboration over school boundaries...

I believe so, yes.
I believe that it has finally been added to the Public Preview. With public preview enabled, I go to create a Channel, I now see the Shared Channel as an option, and I was able to create a Shared Channel. That is all the testing I have done so far though.

Since April 6 I can add a shared channel.
Note that a number of conditions must be fulfilled.
e.g.
The team must be defined as private.
The adding member must have permission in the Teams admin (global or specific) to add shared channels.
The member must own the Team.