Secondary ringer missing again !!!!!!

Copper Contributor

Really Microsoft ?

After using month to implement this setting in the original Teams Client you missed that setting again in the new client ? Do you even test your products at Microsoft or is this task now outsourced to your paying customers ? I really hope its just hidden somewhere deep below in the settings and i just missed that.

:cry:

9 Replies

@Stefan291123 

Do you understand what a public preview is and that teams 2.0 is still a "beta" version?

@MatthiasRodler 

I can not test a beta version in normal working environment if basic functions are missing. Just to click around a bit is nice but for me a waste of time. For that i can watch a video or some screenshots.

Yes, please, add the secondary ringing device - as a headset user I am missing Teams phone calls when I put my headset on the table - if the room is not super silent, I cannot hear the ringing head set. I would love to use and test the Preview but missing calls drives me back to the old Teams client.

Any hints, when this feature could show up?
Apparently this is still missing in the new teams client :unamused_face:
Same here, testing of the new Client is not possible as we're permanently missing calls.
Ringing just in the Headphone when you're sitting in an room together with other people isn't working.

But i also don't like the way of implementation on the old client. For me the better approach would be simply an setting for "Ringer/Alerts" where per default "All Devices" is selected but you can limit this to an specific device. This in combination with also an volume control for the "Ringer/Alarm" would be just amazing!
I'm sure they'll screw it up and do not bring secondary ringer from day 1. It looks like a lot of MS employees never worked in a real company outside the Microsoft playground and do not know how the customers work in real life. Also that it is not possible that an employee can manage and edit addresses and contacts in Teams that are available for all Teams user in the company is an total no-go for a collaboration tool. This has to be possible from day 1, this is a basic feature.

@Stefan291123 

It seems to be available now under devices configuration 

MSmaak_1-1694004237165.png

Was not able to test yet if it works need to wait for a call ;)

On the new MS Teams PWA it is missing again. Running in Chromium browser. Teams is ringing in the headset, no notification for incoming calls, starting meetings, ...

Very annoying!

regards,

chris.