Now in public preview: Pin your own video in Teams meetings

Microsoft

Description

Currently, users can pin video feeds to increase the size of the desired video on their own screen. This new feature update will expand the ability for users to pin their own video on the stage as well as enable users to see their own video in an increased size on their screen.

KaushalMehtaLYNC_0-1643310792464.png

You can use this new feature to pin your own video, making the preview bigger, equal to other videos in the meeting gallery. This allows you to focus on how your video comes across to other participants during meetings. The bigger view is visible just for you.

Flighting status

Available to everyone in Public Preview channel.

How to enable

This option provides the user with an ability to pin their own view and thereby themselves to the stage. Pinning is just for your own view, others will not see you pinned.

• Join a meeting and go to the Me video menu - you can find it in the Me box where you see your video. Click on ... to open the menu.
  • Select Pin for me. A pin next to your name appears and your video increases. If you no longer wish to be pinned, select Unpin for me.

• KaushalMehtaLYNC_1-1643310835516.png

• You can pin or unpin yourself when clicking on the menu next to your name in roster too.

Note 1: If you need information about enabling the public preview itself, see “Enable the public preview for Teams” below.

Note 2: To be able to use this feature, users joining a meeting need to be in Public Preview. Users not in Public Preview will still not be able to use this feature.

Supported clients and platforms

Windows 10

macOS

iOS

Android

Linux

Chrome

Firefox

Safari

Edge

Internet Explorer

X

X

Known issues

None

Known limitations

None

Enable your Teams client for the public preview 

1. First, IT admins need to set an update policy that turns on Show preview features. Learn how at Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs.  
  2. Users then choose to join the public preview individually. Learn how at Get early access to new Teams features - Office Support (microsoft.com) 

Summary of public preview features

For a history of features in the Office and Teams public previews, see Release Notes Current Channel (Preview) - Office release notes | Microsoft Docs.

Send us your feedback 

Got feedback on features in the public preview or other areas of Teams? Let us know straight from Teams via Help Give feedback This is on the bottom left of the your client.

KaushalMehtaLYNC_2-1643310874116.png

Thank you,

Preview Team, @Jan_Steberl 

Quality & Customer Obsession, Microsoft Teams

1 Reply

Hello Kaushal Mehta (LYNC)  

I see it's possible to pin more than one participant. Do you have details what the limit is? Also, I think some users can have a "stalking feeling" if everybody can pin the video from someone. Is there an option to prevent other users from pinning my video?