Now in public preview: Paging on Video Gallery in Meetings

Microsoft

Description

When you are in gallery view, and there are more videos than what can be shown at once on the meeting stage (the maximum number can vary depending on your device configuration, internet bandwidth and whether content is being shared), navigation controls will now appear to see additional videos of the attendees. You can use these controls to view more video participants.

1 Paging on Video Gallery.png

Flighting status

Available to everyone in Public Preview channel.

How to enable

Users can now use pagination controls to see more participants' videos in Teams meetings when there are more videos than what can be displayed on a single page.

2 Paging on Video Gallery.png

Note 1: If you need information about enabling the public preview itself, see “Enable the public preview for Teams” below.

Note 2: To be able to use this feature, users need to be in Public Preview. Other users are not required to be in Public Preview.

Supported clients and platforms

Windows

macOS

iOS

Android

Linux

Google Chrome

Firefox

Safari

Microsoft Edge

Yes

Yes

Known issues

None

Known limitations

None

Enable your Teams client for the public preview 

1. First, IT admins need to set an update policy that turns on Show preview features. Learn how at Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs.  
  2. Users then choose to join the public preview individually. Learn how at Get early access to new Teams features - Office Support (microsoft.com) 

Send us your feedback 

Got feedback on features in the public preview or other areas of Teams? Let us know straight from Teams via Help Give feedback This is on the bottom left of your client.

Give feedback.png

Thank you,

Preview Team

Quality & Customer Obsession, Microsoft Teams

3 Replies

@Jan_Steberl 

Hi, since this made it into the release, is there a way to disable this paging feature. For me, it is a pure annoyance. 

Thanks for considering,
Daniel

Hi @dwischnewski, thank you for your feedback about this feature. We strive to understand what are the high and lowlights of users with our features, and we would like to hear more about what you find annoying in it. Would you mind expanding on it? We will look into potential improvements.

@pablogracia Well, as the pager at the bottom is so unintrusive, I usually just miss it, not noticing other attendees. I preferred the previous way, where they where simply shown at the side with a simple circle and their initials.

Large gallery and other server created streams introduce such a large lag in the video stream, that it is completely irritating to use (mouth movement way behind the voices, and such, as well as having myself included).

I simply want the non-shown videos back in a short list at the right side, so I have a quick overview of who is attending.

Regards,
Daniel