Now in public preview: Dynamic View

Microsoft

Description

We have redesigned the meeting stage in order to optimize your experience of consuming shared content and engaging with video and audio participants. Dynamic View ensures that important items like audio/video thumbnails, content, pins/spotlights are shown as large as possible on your screen by smartly moving and resizing them based on the scenario.​

You can see following improvements:

• When content is being shared, we optimize the layout to make content as large as possible while also showing more video participants​Picture1.png
  • If you want to focus on particular people in the meeting, ​ you can pin or spotlight them to make them larger   Picture2.png
  • When viewing Together Mode with content, we increase the size of the video so you can see people’s faces more easilyPicture3.png
  • You can dock participants to the top of your screen ​ so you can maintain better eye contact with otherPicture4.png

Flighting status

Available to everyone now in Public Preview channel

How to enable

When participants join a meeting, they will see new Dynamic View experience by default.

Note: If you need information about enabling the public preview itself, see “Enable the public preview for Teams” below.

Microsoft 365 workloads and dependencies

Product, workload, or area

Dependency (Yes/No)

If yes, version requirements and other dependencies

Exchange

No

Sharepoint, files

No

Skype for Business

No

Outlook add-in

No

Azure AD

No

OneDrive

No

Office

No

Supported clients and platforms

Windows 10

macOS

iOS

Android

Linux

Chrome

Firefox

Safari

Edge

Internet Explorer

X

X

Known issues

None

Known limitations

None

Enable your Teams client for the public preview 

1. First, IT admins need to set an update policy that turns on Show preview features. Learn how at Public preview in Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs.  
  2. Users then choose to join the public preview individually. See Get early access to new Teams features - Office Support (microsoft.com) for instructions. 

Summary of public preview features

For a history of features in the Office and Teams public previews, see Release Notes Current Channel (Preview) - Office release notes | Microsoft Docs.

Send us your feedback 

Got feedback on features in the public preview or other areas of Teams? Let us know straight from Teams via Help Give feedback 

Thank you,

Preview Team, 

Quality & Customer Obsession, Microsoft Teams

11 Replies

This is a great feature and looks good! It would be nice if it was possible to slide the divider to choose own size rather than always being completely dynamic

Much needed functionality.. Thanks for adding. When will it be released to everyone?

I have public preview enabled but still not seeing this Dynamic View - still have the filmstrip at the bottom.  Also how do I "dock" the videos to the top?  I cannot find the control to enable this.

@AUWTW 

The option is in the "..."in your top tool bar. It's called, Gallery at Top.

I had dynamic view in public preview until mid morning. Now its gone. I have restarted teams logged back in and checked it is on public preview, but its gone. Did Microsoft Pull it due to issues?

Would be nice to know as we had people testing it.
Great improvement..

Is there a way to toggle back and forth from the participant view to the shared screen view.  The new Dynamic View features are great but I can't seem to toggle back and forth anymore.  When we co-facilitate a meeting between members of our team, it was nice to be able to keep an eye on participants while a colleague was sharing their screen.  Am I missing how to do this?  If this capability has gone away, could we get it back?  Thanks!

@Sherry_Amelse 

I second that. We often share a screen and keep it shared, but do not need to see it at all times. Being able to switch again would be much appreciated.

Also, what about using multiple screens? I'd like to have the shared screen/presentation on one screen and the participants on another.

Yes, I am having the same issue

So Excited for enhancements to Teams meeting views. The MOST VALUABLE thing would be if you can customize the location and move your own thumbnail containing your own picture around so it can be placed as close to your webcam or the thumbnail of the person you are speaking to, so your eyes are looking up and it can actually feel like you are looking at the other person when talking to them (it seems all the other platforms do this but not teams?). Its common for people's eyes to come back to their own picture in addition to the person they are talking to and the flexibility to move the thumbnail of your own picture near the person's head you are talking to means you will actually look like you are looking at them. Is there flexibility to move / customize the location of your own thumnail in Dynamic View?

@Kaushal Mehta (LYNC) 

I have been in public preview for half a year. But till today I still cannot get the Dynamic View feature available for me. Is there any prerequisite to enable Dynamic View? Is there any setting to be made in the Devtool to get Dynamic View enabled?

Hope you can help me with this.

Thank you