SOLVED

Teams not available for students

Copper Contributor

Hi there, I'm writing this on behalf of my admin as we both have reached a dead end somehow with getting students on TEAMS. We are located in Germany and we have Office365 licences that allow every student and teacher to use all apps, including TEAMS. According to my admin, all the necessary boxes are ticked and he doesn't know what else to do, maybe anyone here has got an idea or tip? When students click on the invitation link, they are being told that 'Access is denied as they aren't members of this organisation'. OneNote classroom invitations work without any problems. Many thanks in advance! JThamerus

5 Replies
Hi there,

Are students licensed with academic licenses in the same organization (tenant) as teachers?

And, within Microsoft Admin Center (admin.microsoft.com), settings - services & add-ins - Microsoft Teams, there’ a section called “Settings by user/license type” where you need to select students in the drop down menu and toggle MS Teams on.

Magnus

Dear Magnus,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. According to my admin there was indeed one box about Teams he could toggle between on/off. Unfortunately, when he tried to get a student on Teams after he had switched it on, the same message, 'no access, appeared. He says he cannot see any difference between teachers' and students' licenses. I have attached two screenshots that might be of some help. Thanks in advance again for any hint/piece of advice. 

JuergenThamerus

@Magnus Sandtorv 

best response confirmed by JThamerus (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The back end services most likely need some time to properly sync the changes. Try again tomorrow :)

Dear Magnus, 

Thanks a lot, it seems to be working now! As always, it doesn't seem to be much for those who know, but it has been quite a hassle for me and none of my colleagues could help me. :thumbs_up:

best

JThamerus

@Magnus Sandtorv 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JThamerus (Copper Contributor)
Solution
The back end services most likely need some time to properly sync the changes. Try again tomorrow :)

View solution in original post