SOLVED

Teams Assignments and Forms for Educators

Copper Contributor

I would like the ability to create a Class Test in Forms and then assign the Form to a group of students in a Class Team as an Assignment. Is this possible?

Thanks

15 Replies
best response
Solution
Forms in Assignments was recently announced and should be available soon.

@Deleted wrote:

When can we expect the update? I do not see that capability yet.

I'd like to know too. It'll hopefully make my switch from Google Classroom. 

Most likely before the new school year, so in the matter of weeks.

I now set all my assignments from within OneNote Class Notebook, bypassing the Teams app.

There is a Create Assignment button in the Class Notebook tab, but it is greyed out until you make the following connections:

1. The main thing is to Connect your Class Notebook to Teams:

From your Class Notebook, go to Class Notebook tab>Connections>Connections>Manage Connections, choose Microsoft Teams from the dropdown.

2. Next, map the Class Notebook to the correct Team
From your Class Notebook, go to Class Notebook tab>Connections>Map Class Notebooks>choose the appropriate Microsoft Team from the dropdown.
3. Finally, map the Students on the Class Notebook to the students in the Team
From your Class Notebook, go to Class Notebook tab>Connections>Map Students>all the students will, by default, by mapped to their Team profile.
4. Now the Class Notebook>Create Assignment is available (not greyed out).
5. Finally, I make a new page (e.g. in Content Library) and use Insert>Forms to add (or make a new) form.  From that page with the Form, choose Class Notebook>Create Assignment and normal assignment options appear. The page will be distributed, scheduled etc...

You only have to do these Connections once.  Then you can Create Assignments from within your Class Notebook.   (I'd be happy to hear about an easier way to set this up!
Forms in assignments within Teams for EDU will be available soon as I said above.

Seems like this is not yet available.

Any idea on due date?

@Deleted wrote:

Has anybody seen any movement on this front yet? This feature and the rich editing feature in Assignments haven't appeared yet on my side. This was announced and demonstrated way back in June. Only the rubric feature has appeared. AFAIK the Forms feature and rich editing features were also not demonstrated during the Ignite conference - only the rubric feature.

@Deleted wrote:

Has anybody seen any movement on this front yet? This feature and the rich editing feature in Assignments haven't appeared yet on my side. This was announced and demonstrated way back in June. Only the rubric feature has appeared. AFAIK the Forms feature and rich editing features were also not demonstrated during the Ignite conference - only the rubric feature.

(Double posting this to see if responding to the original author of a post will make it to the top of the list.)

For clarity, this hasn't happened yet, right?

@Dacia Upkins wrote:

For clarity, this hasn't happened yet, right?

Seemingly not.

Hi Marius! The day has come! Forms + Assignments integration is live... thanks so much for your patience. Can't wait to hear what you think: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Education-Blog/Assessments-just-got-faster-introducing-quizze...

@Justin Chando wrote:

Hi Marius! The day has come! Forms + Assignments integration is live... thanks so much for your patience. Can't wait to hear what you think: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Education-Blog/Assessments-just-got-faster-introducing-quizze...

Yippee! All good things come to those who wait :) It looks good, and the rich editing for Assignment instructions has arrived simultaneously.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution

View solution in original post