Students viewing feedback before teacher hits "return"

Copper Contributor

Hi

I have just tested the functionality and as some other people have identified, students can view feedback as and when teachers add comments or highlight the attached documents in an assignment.  

As a teacher, there are times when this is okay, but other times when it would make Teams unsuitable.  When students submit exams or coursework teachers need the ability to edit and provide feedback within the document (by adding comments, or highlighting)  in draft mode, before it is visible to the students.

Since this has been an identified issue since 2018, as far as I can see from previous comments, I was hoping that there is a workaround or a setting that can be applied to achieve this.

Please confirm.

Best wishes,

Gareth

5 Replies

@gyoung1553 

Has there been any response or update to this post? 

Not that I've seen.
Would also like to know if this issue has been addressed.
I could do with a reply to this question now. I have to mark 280+ essays so starting early. Not allowed to give feedback as I.V'ing has not been complete yet. I am not 'returning' the assignments but putting feedback in comments boxes...

@gyoung1553

A fix for this issue is long overdue (there are comments from 2018). In Moodle there is a simple checkbox to tick to prevent learners being able to view the work/comments before it is officially returned. Come on Microsoft you need to make this change as it is preventing us using Teams for assignment marking.