"Sorry, something went wrong." and "This is not a valid selection." Errors in Teams on iPad

Copper Contributor

I use iPads in my classroom that are setup with JAMF for individual student logins on the same iPad.  I have started using Teams for giving assignments.  I have 3 students out of 150 that are experiencing these errors.  Two students when the click on the PowerPoint or Word file that I have uploaded for them get the "Sorry, something went wrong." and the file doesn't open.  

The other student gets into the protected word document but when he clicks on the fillable form space, it give the "this is not a valid selection" error.  

Any ideas?

2 Replies

@michael-locke 

Any response to this? I am having teachers experiencing the same thing when distributing Word documents to students with fillable field as a Teams assignment.

Thanks,
Stuart

Did a bit more digging. Fillable fields are listed as "Legacy tools". See this Microsoft support article. All students would need to be able to access desktop versions of Word to be able to edit the fillable fields:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-forms-that-users-complete-or-print-in-word-040c5cc...