import and export of a team

Copper Contributor

Hello,

is it possible to export the results of the assignments of a team in one file?

Is it also possible to export all the content of a team in a sort of zip file, to archive a team of one school year, so that all the teams don't have to stay visible in one's carreer?

Is it also possible to re-import it easily?

thanks!

Mieke

6 Replies
Hi Mieke, you can certainly export the results from assignments to a CSV file, complete with points and feedback.

You can’t export all content, like ie. conversations, but you can copy the files in a team from within the underlying SharePoint document library.

Also archiving of teams will most likely be available soon, with the possibility to bring back the team if needed.

Thank you for your reply.

If I go to an assignment and put in feedback and points, and use the link in green for exporting to excel, I only see the points for the students in the excel, not the feedback. How can I get this feedback?

When is the archiving going to be realised presumely?

thanks!

Sorry, poor quality control on my end. Could have sworn I had seen feedback in that report earlier, but apparently not. I’ll do some digging and come back to you if I find a way or have news to share.

Archiving should be available this summer.

To extract the feedback and any other data about assignments developers and IT professionals have the possibility to utilize the Graph API.

This can be tested with Graph Explorer using the following format:
GET https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/education/classes/{id}/assignments/{id}/submissions/{id}?$select=feedback

The result should look like this:
{
"@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/$metadata#education/classes('d86de448-e568-4cde-b114-95317dcd72bb')...",
"feedback": {
"feedbackDateTime": "2018-06-22T10:04:05.2476637Z",
"text": {
"content": "Excellent work!",
"contentType": "text"
},
"feedbackBy": {
"application": null,
"device": null,
"user": {
"id": "f3a470a9-30ed-4766-bb7e-ad3b065e8e5b",
"displayName": null
}
}
}
}

This is obviously not for teachers, but a developer should be able to extract whatever data you need with only a few lines of code.

I have also requested a column for feedback within the CSV you can export from within the individual teams.

Hi Magnus, I agree that you can export the results from assignments to a CSV file, complete with points but from the trial that I have just completed the comments do not get exported to the csv file.  

You are correct Martin, as discussed above the feedback is not available in the CSV at this time.