Add an exisiting OneNote notebook to a Team

Copper Contributor

Is this feature coming to EDU tenants? I know when it came out earlier in 2018, EDU was an exception. Just wondering if it's a coming soon?

Ta

Carl

4 Replies
Are you looking to move OneNote Class Notebook or standard OneNote?
I've not seen anything about this on the EDU blog, certainly would be a useful feature. Moving sections and pages between notebooks is possible but it would be great to bring in additional OneNote files as standard resources.

Just a regular one - we've run class teams for the 2018 academic year, I'm now looking to create an AllStaff team for 2019. We have a couple of existing notebooks that need to be in the Team, but I don't want to merge them into one gigantic one.

I think I've managed to get them in by hunting them down in SharePoint, copying their link and adding them as a website. A bit more testing to do to ensure it works and that permissions are respected...

@Carl Hogan 

According to this link it's not planned.

If you still think this feature should be available in EDU tenants, please vote here:
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37102837-adding-a-onenote-note...

@Carl Hogan 

Seems to work now. I'm not sure since when we can choose from existing notebooks, but this is how it looks now in our education tenant (red bars intentionally added by me to obfuscate the notebook titles):

clipboard_image_0.png