SOLVED

Usage reports per Team in Admin portal

Occasional Contributor

Currently only per user usage visibility.  Can usage per Team reports be made available?

5 Replies
You can kind of do this with PowerShell. Although it won't tell you who has just opened up a team and looked at things, this script written by Tony Redmond does show all activity in the attached SharePoint site collections and Outlook mail box. I used it at a client to determine which teams were being used and which were not. Here is the link: https://www.petri.com/identifying-obsolete-office-365-groups-powershell
best response confirmed by Kevin Crossman (MVP)
Solution
Yeah, we're definitely working on per Team reporting on the roadmap. Don't have anything to announce publicly at this point but it's absolutely one of the first sets of reports we want to populate in the new Admin Portal. Any feedback on additional reporting is greatly appreciated as well for myself and my colleagues. Thanks!!
Reports by Teams is critical for us to measure adoption - would love to see this added
Would *love* to get this "Team-specific Usage Reports" ASAP. Pls include a report that shows a leaderboard of the most active users, so we can recognise and reward them for their valuable contribution!

It would be even better if a Leaderboard could also be made visible to all the members of the Team, maybe as a tab on the "General" channel! Should I submit this as a feature request somewhere?

any updates?

@Jamie Stark wrote:
Yeah, we're definitely working on per Team reporting on the roadmap. Don't have anything to announce publicly at this point but it's absolutely one of the first sets of reports we want to populate in the new Admin Portal. Any feedback on additional reporting is greatly appreciated as well for myself and my colleagues. Thanks!!