Teams management shell

Super Contributor

Currently you have Teams management shell version 1.0.22 available on test site. But current released version is 1.0.6. 

Question 1: E.g. private channels are supported in version 1.0.18, what kind schedules you have?

Question 2: What if I manage our Tenant by version 1.0.22, will I be out of support in case of errors?

Question 3: Could you add support for management shells so that it is not always downloads all of the properties, but so that I can select which properties I’m getting.

3 Replies

Hi @Petri X , 

Thank you for taking the time to share your questions with us.

1. For Teams PowerShell, production releases ship monthly. We are also in the process of migrating our beta module to PSGallery (more to come on that shortly..), at which point we'll provide more detailed release notes and differences between both production and beta Teams PowerShell modules. To answer your question around private channels in the beta module, our production release requires v1.0 graph endpoints. The private channels Graph API which underpins our cmdlet is currently in beta. Once it's released to v1.0, we'll ensure it's provided as part of our production release.

2. If there are errors encountered during beta, we of course want to know about them so they can be fixed prior to their production release. However, production usage is not supported while in beta.

3. As underlying APIs support OData query parameters, we are planning to provide the ability to customize the properties within the response. 

Thanks @Brandon Bernier about your reply and clarifying the future a bit. I'm really waiting that I could control what attributes are coming back from cloud.

But one thing makes me though twice. You wrote:

"However, production usage is not supported while in beta."

Are you sure people are aware of this? As you know, O365 does not offer long living test tenants, so building new tenant every time might become painful. From your point of view, how you are expecting people testing these new versions? Running these against a production tenant would give the most useful view of how does it really work. But if that somehow could close down their Teams, there might be no so many of happy faces.

@Brandon Bernier 

Forgot to mentioned, the term "beta" might requires whole new topic. E.g. when something is in preview, is it in a beta? And how shall we know if some features are in previews.

But my actual questions was, when you are doing a four fingers troubleshooting step (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + 1) and take a look inside the diagnostic logs, the number of lines where you can find a term "beta" is a small surprise. Have I made some tenant configuration to become part of Beta? I have tried to do that for myself, but I have a feeling it haven't had any impact to myself. This is a case also for other users, and not only for me.

Or is it so, that we/you cannot avoid having beta in a production when using Teams?