SOLVED

Round Robin and Logest Idle call functionality

MVP

Hi Team, 

Asking on behalf of a tech community member. They are asking for Round Robin (Hunt Group) and Longest Idle - where hunting begins with the agent who completed a queue call from the longest time ago call functionality in Teams. Will this be introduced in the future?

Best, Chris

10 Replies
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
Hey Chris! This is feedback we hear a lot - and we do have plans to augment the routing functionality for call queues in the future. I don't have any timelines yet, but yes, this is something we're thinking about.

Hi Krishnan,

This isn't the best news. We have customers who really require this kind of basic hunting functionality that a traditional PBX can cater for.

This can be a decision point whether some customers do or don't move to Microsoft Teams from SfB on premise or their traditional phone system.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Krishnan,

Is there any other features in RGS that have not been ported to Call Queues in SFBO/MS Teams?

How about time of day routing (business hours vs non) or the ability to forward an unanswered call to a telephone number (3rd party answering service)?  Holiday Hours?  IVR?

In addition to needing Round Robin and Longest Idle, SFB also offers parallel for a method of call distribution.

The ability to direct route to a call queue or auto attendant does not work at this time.  404 not found.

Hi guys,

All great asks. I too have been getting asked a lot about subscribing to presence. Would be good to have confirmation of the call features in play for the next six months or so.

Best, Chris

Longest idle and round robin are basic functionality needed to make the transition to Teams.

@Christopher Hoard 

I agree! - That’s why I raised it @Maria_GeekTranslator. No confirmation as of yet and none of these confirmed at EC19 so will be some time.

Best, Chris

Sorry to hijack the thread some, but there isn't another one I found that addresses a big issue.

Another thing that would be helpful in this routing is being able to list individuals in a specific order as agents and not use Groups or DLs, which are alphabetical.  If you want to do routing in a specific order of the agents, you need to create a Group or DL for each Agent and then add them to the list and order them which is tedious and time consuming.  It also isn't very clean looking as there are all these single groups in O365.

I agree. Using groups is annoying. I don’t see the purpose of creating the extra directory objects. It’s nice to have the option of using them but it shouldn’t be required in my opinion.

@Krishnan RaghupathiHere is another one I just ran into on Call Queues that is really kind of silly:
1)  If the CQ is set up with Serial routing, it always starts at the top.  Even if the first (second, etc) Agent\user is on a call already.  This rings in their headset and interrupts the caller they are talking to or listening to.  They have to actually reject the call and ask the caller to repeat themselves.  NOT good customer service.  Why can't it see they are on a call and automatically go to the next Agent that is available? 
2)  IF an agent is signed into the Call Queue, their normal number will not work at all *even when not on a Queue call).  This means no one in the company can call them at all.  Again, not good as these users are more than just 'Agents" most of the time.