SOLVED

Release Date for MS Teams for GOV tenants?

Deleted
Not applicable

@Christophe Fiessinger suggested last week in Twitter thread that I should ask this question in this Teams AMA...

Can we get a release date for when Teams will be available in GOV tenants? I saw the announcement yesterday about EDU tenants, so I am hoping GOV tenants are not far behind. It would be helpful for my GOV clients to be able to plan an effective rollout if we can get a time-frame.

I uhnderstand the challenges in getting it to pass CJIS, etc muster, just wondering how soon?

13 Replies

Microsoft Teams is actively pursuing FedRAMP compliance and bringing a GCC offering to market. We will share updates via the public Office 365 Roadmap as soon as we have clarity around timing.

So, still no further information yet, understood... Ballpark, first 6 months 2017 or last 6 months 2017? If it's first 6 months, I can counsel clients to maybe slow down creation of regular team sites when they really could benefit from Teams.
best response
Solution

Hey John - I know have timing would be really helpful with your customers. We just are a little (maybe too much) careful because when we miss a specific date or timing we have a backlash from customers on missing timing. I do know they are actively working on this right now. We generally disclose timing when we also have confidence in that timing. The best place to watch is the office roadmap at

http://Office.com/roadmap.

wow, I just used the word "timing" 5 times in this answer. Honestly, I am in marketing. I good with words :-).
You're tempting me to mark this as Best Response ;->

That is a great site/link, but it is not able to show the word from GCC perspective.

Hi,

Still Microsoft teams are not available for Government tenant. Any update on it.

This is Crazy !!! we decided to go with the government tenant because of security and meeting all the needs that we need but releasing products and not doing this for government is insane, we have been waiting for a simple product like Microsoft Forms, that has been used in our school system for years now and we still have nothing, Teams still does not work and the Finance department as been asking to use Power BI and that is an issue as well that should be available but in a limited setting .. Why can't we as teneant owners decide if we want a product or not, or at least give us a date of when it will be available.

Does anyone on this form know of a site that will tell us exactly when on the government side stuff gets released. 

Thank you

In case anyone else stumbles onto this thread like I did, you should know the O365 Roadmap has just been updated (as of March 19th, 2018).

Estimated release has been bumped from Q1 CY2018 to Q3 CY2018.

Thanks Sean, this is extremely disappointing though that it is delayed again.

where did you find this new government release date

Mark

@Sean Bugler wrote:

In case anyone else stumbles onto this thread like I did, you should know the O365 Roadmap has just been updated (as of March 19th, 2018).

Estimated release has been bumped from Q1 CY2018 to Q3 CY2018.

On the official Office 365 Roadmap. Just type "GCC" in the filter box and look in the "In Development" section. https://products.office.com/en-US/business/office-365-roadmap

Based on the information here , July 17th --

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/Microsoft-Teams-will-be-available-July-1.../