My conversations are not being displayed in the correct order - is this a known bug?

New Contributor

Hi there Teams team!

I created a post about this yesterday but haven't seen any replies... Just wondering if this is a known bug or if I am the only one experiencing this?

Whats happening:

Replies to my sent messages are displayed above my sent message instead of below them. This happens in my direct 1 on 1 chats and within any Team Channels...

Example of my problem:

Me: Hi, how are you?

Them: Good, thanks for asking!

Me: No problem.

Whats being displayed in Teams:

Thanks!

Ian Waites

10 Replies
Hi Ian, thanks for logging this bug. Can you please file this in Report a Problem through the Feedback icon in Microsoft Teams-- we review each of these and triage. Thanks!

Unfortunately yes this is a known bug. The good news is that we deployed a fix for this yesterday evening so going forward you should not see this. The issue was around users system clocks being slightly off causing issues. if you are still seeing problems feel free to send me a message directly and I will try and resolve it with you.

@Ian Waites are the replies that are being resported part of a thread? If so then it seems that the thread with the most recent replies gets sorted to the bottom of the conversation.

I guess the general idea behind this is that if someone replies to a certain conversation then the context should be shown alongside it... this is pretty atypical for chat spftware, but it makes a bit of sense.

As an example:

Order in which things are sent:

Order in which things appear:

↳Me: No problem.

@Brandon Deriso I was told I am experiencing a bug. The other person in my conversation is not experiencing the same problem as I am. I can assure you that what I am experiencing doesn't make a bit of sense. Also, I was told that this bug is caused by the system clocks being slightly off. 

Incoming replies are inserted further back into the conversation instead of being at the very bottom of the conversation. If I did not recieve a notification for a recent reply I would have to read further back into the conversation to check for any new messages I might have missed. Even with the notification I was finding myself having to read through the conversation to find the most recent reply.  Also, the time stamps are incorrect. It will show the most recent reply as having a time prior to the most recent message I sent. 

This has been a tough bug for me to ignore. Unfortunetly, I have made the decision to stop using Teams until this problem can be sorted out. 

Maybe you can use your IT people to fix that throught the network or checking the PC yourself and resync the hour.

@Deleted - Even though there is nothing wrong with my system clock, I tried "resyncing" it and nothing was fixed. Again, it's only Teams where I am experiencing a problem. 

Still having this problem
In Teams Channels, not in IM
I have insufficient organisational rights to log on and start a conversation of my own

Hi!

Still having this problem
In Teams Channels, not in IM
I have insufficient organisational rights to log on and start a conversation of my own

@Mark Diamond I've experiencing the same issue for the past couple weeks.  Did we ever find a solution?  Thanks

All,

I had the same issue. I just opened Teams settings and scrolled through each of the settings menu. It is now working. There is no logical explanation, but it worked.

Right click Teams icon on task bar for settings menu