SOLVED

Move-CSUser : Skype for business 2015 on-premise USER migration Error

Occasional Contributor

We have Skype for Business 2015 Hybrid and planning to move users' from on-prem to online ( Teams). 

However we are getting the below errors for user migration:

SfB Control panel Errors: Attached file Error 1 & Error 2 

PowerShelll Errors: Attached file Error 3, Error 4, Error 5

Thanks in adv

10 Replies
best response confirmed by Laurie Pottmeyer (Microsoft)

Thank You @Tushar Pathak 

We have CU10 (Aug 2019) applied on SfB 2015.

@VKantamneni 

When doing migration with PowerShell we have used a parameter:

-proxyPool FrontEndPool.ADDomin.com

That has been solved our moves.

But we are still hanging because we have MFA forced. There is some unknown throttling issue on that. And unfortunately it seems to be unknown for them as well. For us it comes when you have moved around 20 users, and then stop, wait 5+ minutes and next 20 users.

@Petri X @VKantamneni 

Did you resolve this throttling issue? we are facing this issue too. We have to close the SFB session and authenticate again with MFA to migrate next 20 to 30 users.

@Sajeel Akram 

Below script worked to move S4B on-prem users to Teams Only, however after 20+ users, stopped working with "OAuth Token" error due to throttling, and need to wait around 5 minutes for next batch :(

set winrm/config/client/auth @{Basic="true"}
Import-Module SkypeOnlineConnector
$userCredential = Get-Credential
$sfbSession = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $userCredential -OverridePowerShellUri "https://admin0a.online.lync.com/OcsPowerShellOAuth" -Verbose
Import-PSSession $sfbSession -AllowClobber

Move-CsUser -Identity user@mydomain.com -Target sipfed.online.lync.com -MoveToTeams -Credential $cred -UseOAuth -HostedMigrationOverrideUrl https://admin0a.online.lync.com/HostedMigration/hostedmigrationservice.svc -verbose

I had a case to Microsoft and they were not even able to say what throttling error we were faced. They assumed that it was because of MFA, but as we were not able to remove it (company policy) I was not able to test it. It looks like I need to add "; sleep 20" between each and every move. Then it might goes smoothly.

It was quite big surprise that Microsoft lift up their hands and says: we cannot fix it.

@VKantamneni how did you see it was an OAuth error? I only see error like: "unable to sign-in".

@Petri X 

I have the same issue. Do you know if Microsoft was able to fix it?

Hi @Elahee935 

At the moment, only option is to use MFA free account. That is against MS security guidelines, but what else you could do...?

@Petri X We had the same issue and after doing some tracing, we found out that there was still a conditional Access Policy preventing the user from carrying out this operation 

@VBILL 

Good found!

Unfortunately our case was not that, and we are moving users with account having no MFA.