SOLVED

More options as Teams meeting organizer, e.g. mute all participants

Bronze Contributor

After hosting some meetings using Teams, I recognize it's really annoying when someone of the participants with noisy background sound doesn't mute his microphone.

How / when can we start using the "mute all participants" functionality? Are other features for meeting organizers also planned?

31 Replies

@dlbzone Agreed! This is how GoToWebinar works.

@dlbzone  Raise Hand is available as of the latest release and more to come.

@thewojtek 
Very well said I agree I am a high school math teacher dealing with the same problem.

@Goofymath 

1. Whether we have option to create meeting with Mute option in Teams
  2. I think we don’t have option to unmute the attendees when we mute all. Do you think when we will get the option. We don’t want participant to unmute them selves
  3. We want only presenter have option of video and audio not attendee . do you have the option
  4. When the new feature will be released to us and how long it will take  
  5. Do you have report to generate how many people joined – Participant report

@Sankarasubramanian Parameswaran I agree that a participant report would be very useful! 

@Sankarasubramanian Parameswaran 

yes we all are facing such issues and looking for the solution what  you stated here

support!

@tanveerhabib unmuting someone else would be a privacy issue. You can't secretly unmute other people, even if it was you who muted them.

Actually I bet MS got feedback about Skype and didn’t keep it updates through continuous investment and instead bought a whole new company’s product to replace it and some of those features simply were not the same. That’s why teams is still playing catch-up; but the strength of the teams foundation/architecture has enabled them to make great strides quickly. They still have a ways to go but I see them becoming a webex competitor soon.

can u help me mute teachers and students@Harold van de Kamp 

I cant open the mic when the meeting is full with student
In this step-by-step tutorial, learn How to Disable Mic for all Attendees in Microsoft Teams
ttps://youtu.be/Cq7mcTISX_w