Embedding persistant chat in teamsites and/or intranets

Contributor

Will we be able to embed persistent chat streams inside of a Teamsite and/or an intranet page?

6 Replies
Chat by its nature is already persistent within teams.

Let me be more precise: 1) Can a Team chat be added as a web part in a modern team site? 2) Can there be a cross-team chat stream, that consists of aggregated chats from several teams, like you have in Yammer?

I definitely wish this question had an answer. Especially if you wish to adopt in place of yammer

@Morten Myrstad wrote:

Let me be more precise: 1) Can a Team chat be added as a web part in a modern team site? 2) Can there be a cross-team chat stream, that consists of aggregated chats from several teams, like you have in Yammer?

@Nick Duxfield wrote:

I definitely wish this question had an answer. Especially if you wish to adopt in place of yammer

@Morten Myrstad wrote:

I do agree with you both,

We need to know if Teams will be also delivered as a web app to be embedded in a page as a web part and provide the ability to show the chat in real time. People in my Group are wishing to install 3rd parties chat apps in our Sharepoint Online, where they already have their shared workspaces. 

As said, many users already have their sites (some thousands), or site collections, and the point is to know if besides the sharepoint site automatically created with a new Team they will automatically get from Teams, if something like a web part will be available to show a chat in the main old.

Summarizing: Will it be possible to add a web part at any SPO page showing the Team activity?

Best regards, 

Iu

Any update from microsoft on this?