Announcing a Microsoft Teams AMA!

Highlighted
Former Employee

We are very excited to announced a Microsoft Teams 'Ask Microsoft Anything' (AMA) to coincide with the news that Microsoft Teams is now rolling out to Office 365 customers worldwide!

The AMA will take place on Wednesday, March 22, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. PT in the Microsoft Teams AMA Group. Add the event to your calendar and view in your timezone here

An AMA is a live online event similar to a “YamJam” on Yammer or an “Ask Me Anything” on Reddit. This AMA gives you the opportunity to connect with members of the product engineering team who will be on hand to answer your questions and listen to feedback

We hope to see you there!

Microsof Teams AMA.png

15 Replies
Highlighted

Very excited about this...!!! I'm planning on asking about Windows Mobile devices and any plans of making a huge comeback into the smartphone and tablet arena. I've been working with the devices since the first evolved and the way I saw windows smartphones fall the wayside was with the introduction of the live tiles on the start screen (kinda like the old Fred Flinstone cartoon episode where Fred is labeled as a square: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1DX3hw_9A0 ).

We have to be indiferent towards the devices and manufacturers in my company but a lot of times the way I describe it is: 1. Apple devices are secure but simple. 2. Android devices you get the most out of it for your money but it's "open source" and more susceptible to "hickups" 3. Plam doesn't even exist anymore 4. Blackberry's are very secure but very simple and not very popular anymore 5. Windows devices used to be the most out of it for your money, are secure but seem to be falling the wayside with the live tiles customers are turned off with - it'd be nice for Microsoft to make a comeback with more of a desktop appearance (that Androids start screens seemed to have been modeled after Microsofts computer desktops startscreens).

If Microsoft can comeback with a new start screen thats similiar to it's current desktop computers (with a customizeable start menu as the left navigation selections?)..it'd be like Superman becoming immune to Kyptonite..!!! - does Microsoft have any plans to or is considering coming back into the smartphone OS area? People love Microsoft products are grateful for them and it's already integrated into their lives...there's at least tens of millions of people that want it back with their smartphones... : )

The origin of Mia Wallace's gesture in Pulp Fiction
Highlighted

When will Teams be available to EDU customers?

Highlighted

Hi @Mark Kaplan, nothing to announce right now but you can be sure that we will share it here when we do!

Highlighted

Looking forward to the AMA tomorrow.  We have been using both Planner and Teams extensively since they both first rolled out.   Now of course we want to use the integrated solution to keep all our work in the same place and keep everything in the appropriate "channel".    Things on which we would love an update include 

• The Teams Planner surfacing in full on tasks.office.com planner so Execs can see big picture
  • Conversations/notifications in tasks in Teams Planner
  • Group By view in Teams that allow us to to group by assigned to and progress, not just buckets
  • Tasks View in Teams Planner that allows to view by due date

Thank you for all your efforts on these products there are great things ahead if we can get this functionality in place  :)

Highlighted

Is there any API to create Microsoft Teams with new and existing Office 365 Group? If no, when?

Highlighted
+1 for all of these features. I was definitely sad to see the notifications / view options were missing when I started using planner in teams.
Highlighted
Teams for EDU!!!! I've got business units asking for it now. If we can't give an answer (of any sort) they will move forward with Slack.
Highlighted
I, too, want to programmatically create MS Teams and am looking at options. Thanks for asking this!
Highlighted
How to restrict creation of new teams in your organization ? Not everyone should be able to create Teams in an organization .
Highlighted
Create a securitygroup. Give that security group rights to create teams and then disable the right for everyone.
Highlighted

It is now available for .edu-tenants.

Highlighted

When you add a team you will have the option to use a group if there is a Group in your tenant that you are the admin of. Teams will recognize that and give you the option automatically.

addTeam.JPG

Highlighted

Excited to see the excitement here! We'll kick off in 15 minutes at 9am PT!

Highlighted
can you please tell me how to join ?
Highlighted
Hi Karishma, ask your questions in a new thread in this group!

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-AMA/bd-p/MicrosoftTeamsAMA