Will *hashtags* from a Stream classic video description, be migrated?

Iron Contributor

Will hashtags from a Stream classic video description, be migrated using the migration tool?

For example - see hashtags #timeout in the video below. In Stream Classic, when you click, you see all vids tagged with #timeout. How useful! Would love to keep that functionality, somehow or other.

This migration guidance suggests the description may not be included in the migration, but as the description may not be considered metadata, I'm unsure. 

Looking forward to hearing from those further along the migration journey :) 

GeorgeinaBaker_0-1672846608773.png

2 Replies

@Georgeina Baker - The description does move with the migration tool now (we should update that document). But those hash tags won't be clickable they'll just be plain text. We don't have that hashtag feature in Stream (on SharePoint) anymore sorry. 

The descriptions on videos in ODB/SPO do support hyperlinks so you could create a search in SharePoint or office.com that filters down to videos and uses your keyword and then make a hyperlink to that search URL. But it's not as simple as the hashtag thing we had in Stream (classic), sorry. 

@Marc Mroz We migrated our videos from Stream (Classic) to Stream (SharePoint) document libraries. In almost all of the document libraries, when I go into About Video and copy over my video description, it automatically populates in the Description column. But, when I go to try to copy over the video description in one document library, I get this error: 

amanda785_0-1677108109046.png

This error is appearing in the one document library which already has a Description column added. How do we go about this fixing this? I want to be able to copy over my video descriptions in the About Video tab, and have that prepopulate in the description column in my document library. It is really frustrating that in your migration guide, it did not say anything about issues with already having a description column in your document library and how you will not be able to update your video description. Help me!