SOLVED

Stream web part when source is Folder is not listing any videos

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I added the brand new Stream web part and I wanted to list all videos in a specific folder.

I get this message but I know there's at least 1 video to display.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 09.46.47.png

When I select the folder I get this:

ERROR:
{"message":"Can't get data. ListItemDataSource: getItemsForList REST call failed. Status Code: 400 Status Message: [HTTP]:400 - [CorrelationId]:8d54e3a0-f07b-7000-687a-0929a58bfecf [Version]:16.0.0.24127","status":400,"correlationId":"8d54e3a0-f07b-7000-687a-0929a58bfecf","innerError":{"odata.error":{"code":"-1, Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"The expression \"web/Lists(guid'2a5ae27-39e3-4f39-8c9b-8a134421ba6')/RenderListDataAsStream\" is not valid."}}}}

CALL STACK:
Error: {"message":"Can't get data. ListItemDataSource: getItemsForList REST call failed. Status Code: 400 Status Message: [HTTP]:400 - [CorrelationId]:8d54e3a0-f07b-7000-687a-0929a58bfecf [Version]:16.0.0.24127","status":400,"correlationId":"8d54e3a0-f07b-7000-687a-0929a58bfecf","innerError":{"odata.error":{"code":"-1, Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InvalidClientQueryException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"The expression \"web/Lists(guid'2a5ae27-39e3-4f39-8c9b-8a134421ba6')/RenderListDataAsStream\" is not valid."}}}}
at https://res-1.cdn.office.net/files/sp-client/sp-dataproviders_en-us_78b65c21626c87657f97.js:1:52070

If I configure the web part to list the recent added videos to the site, it display the videos.

Any ideias how to fix this?

15 Replies
I do not get this when I use the new Stream web part. I am able to successfully select a folder in the library on the same site and add videos this way. I suggest you submit a support ticket to Microsoft. This should be working for you.
I have this issue too. Source setting Videos on this site or Single video works, but when Source is Folder, it doesn't show any videos. Any idea?

@CHI-Lynx and @arsenioferraz I also get the message that nothing exists BUT it actually DOES work. Here I navigated to a subfolder. 

karen_dredske_0-1698182205238.png

Notice that the Select button allows me to select it. So I did. 

Then in the edit pane, I can see the path to that folder. It then displays and matches what I selected.

karen_dredske_1-1698182307130.png

The web part then displays the video(s) in the web part that I selected.

karen_dredske_2-1698182382490.png

Republish and all is well. Give it a try.

@karen_dredske I've done exactly that before and nothing shows up for me. Here's some screenshots replicating your steps.

Step 1: Navigate to subfolder. Nothing shows up, even though there are videos in said folder. 

CHILynx_0-1698239713971.png

Step 2: Click on Select. Voila. Nothing shows up either. "The destination folder was renamed, moved, or deleted." apparently. Even though I clearly did not rename, move, or delete said folder, since I was able to select it...

CHILynx_4-1698239920226.png

@CHI-Lynx 

I'm still having same issue. I will reply back once if I can have it fixed.

Ok, let me know. Thanks. I created a support ticket with Microsoft, but I don't think they understand what the issue is. So far, they said it's because it's Stream (Classic) being discontinued and migrating to Stream (on SharePoint). But I've never used either, so I'm not sure why that would be the case. I'll update more here too if I find a solution.

@CHI-LynxI'm sorry to hear this. I think most of us don't have too many kind words for Microsoft support most of the time. They are just confused because of Stream Classic being discontinued and the swap out of the Stream web parts on SharePoint pages. SMH. Ask then to escalate it to the Stream product team. There is a meeting today with the Stream team, but I have a conflict and have to miss it or I would provide your question. Let's tag @Marc Mroz and see if he sees this and can refer to the right person on the team to help out with this. The only difference I see on your configuration is that I had selected the Grid view. Shouldn't make a different, but. . . maybe?

Yeah I've tried grid view, no difference. I'll see if I can escalate the ticket once I get a response. Thanks for the suggestions.
best response confirmed by arsenioferraz (Copper Contributor)
Solution
This bug was identified and fixed by our team and should be working now at your end. We recommend you create a new web part instance and try the same. Do let us know if this issue persists.

@Debaray It is still not working for me. Created a new web part and nothing shows up still. 

CHILynx_0-1698677788534.png

Even though there are clearly videos in said folder. 

CHILynx_1-1698677838657.png

I followed your recommendation but I still have the same issue.

It seems to be working for me now.

I tried a few moments ago and it didn't work, I tested adding to a different site and it worked. It even started to display videos on the site I already created where I was having issues.

Thanks

This is still an issue in our tenancy Feb 2024 - will issue with Microsoft support
Definitely submit a Microsoft support ticket. They fixed this issue over a month ago.

Thanks @karen_dredske - doing that right now - first did it as 'Issue' report yesterday to which the response was 'No issue found' :sad: Perhaps my tenant is on different patch cycle to others.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by arsenioferraz (Copper Contributor)
Solution
This bug was identified and fixed by our team and should be working now at your end. We recommend you create a new web part instance and try the same. Do let us know if this issue persists.

View solution in original post