SOLVED

Stream features I don't understand

Iron Contributor

I'm just starting to use Stream this month. There are some things I don't understand.

1. What use is the Recommended bar on the home screen? I don't need recommendations. I just need a searchable list of my Streams.
  2. Why don't my most recent Streams show up on the home screen? I've made a dozen new Steams over the last few days, but they don't show up under All or Created by me, etc.
  3. Why, when I try to add a Stream to my favorites, does it come back with "Something went wrong..."
  4. Why is Microsoft spending a zillion dollars on AI to help me plan a dinner party, when I just want to get my work done?
2 Replies
best response confirmed by MindeaLLC (Iron Contributor)
Solution
1. It is to highlight key content items that may be high value. Just like the landing page for Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
2. If they're not there, they should be. File a support ticket with Microsoft.
3. Try in a different browser, if this continues file a support ticket with Microsoft (it works fine for me)
4. The Stream landing page is essentially similar to the pages for Word/Excel/PowerPoint.

@KevinCrossman thank you for indulging my micro-rant. (No pun intended. Seriously. Though now that I see it, it kind of makes me giggle.) Your responses make perfect sense. I'll try to simmer down now.

Merry Monday!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MindeaLLC (Iron Contributor)
Solution
1. It is to highlight key content items that may be high value. Just like the landing page for Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
2. If they're not there, they should be. File a support ticket with Microsoft.
3. Try in a different browser, if this continues file a support ticket with Microsoft (it works fine for me)
4. The Stream landing page is essentially similar to the pages for Word/Excel/PowerPoint.

View solution in original post