Stream Embed problems on iOS

Copper Contributor

Our college uses the "Canvas" app to embed instructional videos and always worked fine with the Stream classic until now with the new Stream (Sharepoint).

Stream (Sharepoint) embedded on iOS is stuck in a o365 login loop.
Where the embedded video is supposed to be displayed, now has a MS login prompt.
After logging in and going back to the embedded video it still prompts then takes you to a page saying you are already logged in, rinse and repeat.

Note:
I tested this on an Android phone and after signing in it works fine.

This same setup works fine with Stream Classic but since this seems to be going away we are trying to use the new Stream (Sharepoint).

6 Replies

@Tony_Fritzen - I moved your post to a new thread on the Stream (on SharePoint) section. 

Can you work with your IT admin (if you aren't one) to open a support ticket on this issue? Since we re-wrote the code for embed and login for videos in ODB/SPO I'm sure there are bugs / optimizations we didn't port over from Stream (Classic). Make sure you have support escalate it up to us in the Product Group if there isn't anything obvious they can figure out, so that we can investigate and hopefully find a fix for this. 

If it's working correctly with Stream (Classic) I'm hoping we can easily fix it for Stream (on SP) as well. 

Sorry for our bugs!

Are there any updates on this issue?

@Marc Mroz  - I too am interested if there was any update or suggested workaround.

UPDATE:

I was able to narrow down the root issue of the looping in my case by:

1.  Cutting and pasting the iframe src url from the embed code into a new Edge InPrivate window or Chrome Incognito window
  2. The same looping was observed, but this time it was clearly not due to embedding the iframe in a non page served by a non-microsoft domain since the url was a SharePoint url.
  3. I examined the network logs via the browser developer tools and, among other things, noticed the response header x-msdavext_error (detail below)
  4. After a bit of digging, I discovered this might be due to the SharePoint tenant wide settings for allowing or disallowing basic auth, i.e. "LegacyAuthProtocols".
  5. Best practice is to disallow for security reasons; however if they are disabled you'll get the looping for MS Stream SharePoint embeds.
  6. If you enable them via PowerShell or the SharePoint Admin Portal -- NO MORE LOOPING!
  7. It would be great if the Microsoft Stream team would enable a solution that works without allowing legacyauth! Many people won't be able to do this for security reasons.

Response header detail:

x-msdavext_error: 917656; Access+denied.+Before+opening+files+in+this+location%2c+you+must+first+browse+to+the+web+site+and+select+the+option+to+login+automatically.

Enable basic authentication in SharePoint with PowerShell

Set-SPOTenant -LegacyAuthProtocolsEnabled $true​ 

SharePoint Admin Portal

Untitled.png

Any updates on this? This is a serious issue for us.

We are also having major issues with this - does anyone have a solution? @Marc Mroz 

Is there a fix for this?