SOLVED

"Transcript and captions" disappear from Audio settings list

Copper Contributor

Hello

I uploaded a .mp4 audio file to Sharepoint Stream, then I generated the caption/transcript and successfully downloaded it in word. However, when I checked it today, the "Transcript and captions" option is disappeared from the Audio settings list. The caption is still displaying on the audio but there is no way for me to download it again. Could you please help? Thanks.

The caption is still working on the audio:

HanChen111_0-1715159200941.png

No "Transcript and captions":

HanChen111_1-1715159239978.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by HanChen111 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@HanChen111 Audio files aren’t typically .mp4 extension. 

I think maybe you are trying to workaround the fact we don’t support transcription of audio files by renaming a mp3 or other audio file to the mp4 extension?

That trick partially works but gets weird issues like you are seeing. You would need to convert the audio file to an actual video file maybe with a blank or static image for the video part. 

The real solution is we do work to add support for audio files for transcripts like we do video files. 

Please add you comments and votes to this idea: 

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/7a5d8563-f2a6-ed11-a81b-002248519701

Thank you so much Marc. I was given the audio file and it's in .mp4 format so I don't know if anyone changed it or it was originally created like this.

Thanks for the link! I have voted to the idea.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HanChen111 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@HanChen111 Audio files aren’t typically .mp4 extension. 

I think maybe you are trying to workaround the fact we don’t support transcription of audio files by renaming a mp3 or other audio file to the mp4 extension?

That trick partially works but gets weird issues like you are seeing. You would need to convert the audio file to an actual video file maybe with a blank or static image for the video part. 

The real solution is we do work to add support for audio files for transcripts like we do video files. 

Please add you comments and votes to this idea: 

https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/feedback/idea/7a5d8563-f2a6-ed11-a81b-002248519701

View solution in original post