SOLVED

How to add ALL containers to Stream migration tool?

Copper Contributor

Has anyone migrated their videos using the migration tool yet?

I added some containers to the tool and when attempting to scan the container I get "Unable to access".

No containers show up in the migration "Scans" section. Do I really have to add all containers for the entire tenant manually? If so, what is the easiest way to accomplish that?

10 Replies
The tool will scan and discover all the containers in your Stream (Classic) tenant. There are two data centers where the tool errors out and doesn't do that "CACT" and "USSO" some tenants (some customers in US, Canada, West Indies, & South, Central, & Middle America). It's possible your tenant is in one of these 2 data centers?

I'm pinging the engineering team for the migration tool to see if they have other ideas and to answer you here.

@collabking Can you help me with your tenantId?

I will find out the tenantid. I think it may be an issue with access. The MS article says you should be able to use the tool either as a SP admin or GA but seems it doesn't work with SP admin. I'm testing this out now.
best response confirmed by collabking (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Seems like it's something else. Tried with GA but no luck. I've now created a support case with Microsoft instead.

@collabking , I'm having the same issue. The migration tool isn't picking up any containers or any of our videos in Stream classic. I tried with my SP Admin credentials and I had our GA try as well - with the same result. Any update?

@T_Richardson617 @collabking : did both of you opened a ticket?

In case you haven't done that, please try the tool once again. The tool was not available to some of the tenants in Southern America and Canada regions till late October. It is available now. In case your tenants belonged to those regions you may be able to access now. And if the problem persists, please raise a ticket

@varun_taneja , I'm still having the same issue. What exactly is meant by a "container"? Maybe I'm missing something here. We just have all videos uploaded into Stream classic in various Channels. I do not recall creating any "containers". Would this need to be done in Azure?

Read this help doc:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/stream/streamnew/understand-the-tool#containers--default-destinati...

We sub divide the videos into sets of videos so we can move them together.

Videos in a Group, Company wide channel, videos not in any other group for a specific user.

@Marc Mroz, thanks for the article. That was helpful. I've verified that our videos in Stream classic are either in a Companywide Channel or Microsoft 365 Group so these containers should be picked up in the Stream migration tool but they aren't. When I scan for videos within the tool, it comes back with "We didn't find anything. Create containers in your Stream account to see them here."

@T_Richardson617 : can you open a support ticket.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by collabking (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Seems like it's something else. Tried with GA but no luck. I've now created a support case with Microsoft instead.

View solution in original post